insurance: total loss followup

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
reSa

insurance: total loss followup

Post by reSa »

i crashed my rs in october. the insurance wanted to give me a little over 2000 for my car. the car was in good condition with 93000 miles... i fought with them and did research since they said the market value of my car was only what they offered me for it. i went to my school library and researched ALL mx3s sold in 2003. when i presented them with my research, they changed their pay off price to 3700 :) ) i was only going to ask them to give me 3500...if any one else has problems with the insurance companies FIGHT for it. im walking away with 600 more than i initially paid for my car.
sean_hibbitts

Re: insurance: total loss followup

Post by sean_hibbitts »

i spose thats the nice thing about privatized insurance you can fight them... here in BC we have facist insurance company called ICBC and they control every aspect of a drivers life......... I have to stick a Green N on the back of my Car because im a Novice driver or i get a big ticket and like 3 points towards losing my license. and even though i completed an ICBC approved driver course i still don't get a discount towards for my insurance because i drive an MX3 :o
1994 Mazda MX3
Calling all my Cidia's too the east and the west
Cheeto

Post by Cheeto »

i dont know why you guys are gettting so low of a price, when i crashed my car 92 mx-2 4cyl insurance company offered me $10,100 for it. I should have taken the money and ran. but i opted to get it fixed. i just love my MX-3.
MX-3 for Ever
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Cheeto:
i dont know why you guys are gettting so low of a price, when i crashed my car 92 mx-2 4cyl insurance company offered me $10,100 for it. I should have taken the money and ran. but i opted to get it fixed. i just love my MX-3.<hr></blockquote><p>This MUST be in Canadian dollars. I think shes in the US.
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S
sean_hibbitts

Post by sean_hibbitts »

Ya 10 thou canadian is the price range for the 1996 MX-3 Precidia's but wow for a 1992 thats alot hehehe im not to good at my math but thats about 5000 - 7000 dollars american :roll: <------ not sure<p>
.<p>[ December 21, 2002: Message edited by: sean_hibbitts ]</p>
1994 Mazda MX3
Calling all my Cidia's too the east and the west

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”