werid sound

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
TanWong

werid sound

Post by TanWong »

Actually, i got the same problem in my car. And the last time i got the werid song was because of the Muffler, and i fixed. However, the problem is coming back again whenever I slow the car down. I took the car to the gauag..the guy said my axle is warming out.. But my car only has 120000KM on it..so..i wonder if it is true?
Now i want to sell some parts of my car in order to cover the expense for fixing the car -_-
azmtbkr81

Re: werid sound

Post by azmtbkr81 »

120000 km is like 75000 mi, so thats about right. Mine wore out at 65000 mi. The part that wears out is the CV (constant velocity)joint, which is a flexible joint that allows power to be transfered to your wheels when the suspension is moving. The only reason it wears out is becasue there is a cheap rubber boot that protects it that breaks and tears very easily. If the damage to the joint isn't bad yet you might be able to have the joints cleaned out and repacked with grease and a new boot put on for cheaper than replacing the whole axle assembly.
'94 Blaze Red RS<P>I may not have a lot of horsepower but I know how to use it!
TanWong

Post by TanWong »

thanks man...<BR>But i wonder how much for the whole thing CV..<BR>?
Now i want to sell some parts of my car in order to cover the expense for fixing the car -_-
ikedasquid

Post by ikedasquid »

a new cv axel from the salvage yard is about $50-$70 usd, and refurbished from the auto parts store is about $100-135 with core. going to a mechanic is about $250 parts and labor. I see you are using km's and not mi's so you'll have to convert that to cnd. The replacement of driver side is very easy, but passenger uses a half shaft on the 94+ cars and i could never figure out how to seperate the cv axle from the half shaft. I went to the salvage yard and just bought both, still assembeled (very easy to get in and out still together).<P>ps if anyone knows how to seperate the 2 without damaging them let me know.<P>also, my bpt is on the way and i am wondering if useing the 92-93 passenger side cv axle will work instead of using a cv axle + half shaft assy. I don't see why it wouldn't but some correct me if i'm afu.
Sonicxtacy02

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

k i'm not trying to be a smart*ss but how do you get new parts from salvage yard? [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
Shaun Newman
SOLD 1994 Blaze Red GS/ SOLD 1994 Chaste White GS-R

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”