weird sound..

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
ravve

weird sound..

Post by ravve »

hi!<BR>got a little problem. when i´m driving and i slow down, i hear a weird sound (click click click..) coming from the front (i think from the wheels), the sound is propotionel to the speed, so when i slow down a bit more, the interval between the "clicks" becomes bigger.<P>Does anyone have any idea of what it can be?<BR>Plz help!!
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Re: weird sound..

Post by cjthor »

Is it louder when you turn? If so it's probably your cv axle. Check to see if the boot that goes from your axle to the tire is ripped. Thats more than likely the culprit.
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S
ravve

Post by ravve »

thanks for the reply.. unfortnatly i don´t know what a boot is nor what a cv is ;) my father do know that i think, but he doesnt understand english so i can´t explain it to him =) hehe.. by the way, no the sound doesn´t get louder when i turn, but there´s an other noise that sounds when i turn, even if the car is standing still... what can that other noice be?
azmtbkr81

Post by azmtbkr81 »

To find your cv boot, look on the inside of your front wheel and there should be an axle going from your wheel to the transmission, a little way down that axle is a rubber accordian style boot. If that boot looks ripped, or if you feel it and get a lot of grease on your hand than dirt is most likely getting into your cv joints and is wearing them out and causing a clicking noise. <P>The other noise is probably just your power steering pump, it doesn't necessarily mean anything is wrong.
'94 Blaze Red RS<P>I may not have a lot of horsepower but I know how to use it!

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”