market value of mx3s??

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
reSa

market value of mx3s??

Post by reSa »

i crashed my mx3 a few days ago. it was a 93 RS, five speed with power locks, and power windows. it had just hit 93000 miles. any idea what the market value of my car is guys? i think the insurance company is going to try to rip me off...they said blue book value (which last i checked was a little under 5000) is "inaccurate." well hope someone can help me out here...

Re: market value of mx3s??

Post by Guest »

The best place to go would be <A HREF="http://www.kellybluebook.com" TARGET=_blank>www.kellybluebook.com</A> and find out how much for yourself.

Post by Guest »

It's going to be around $5000 or just under.
boostedmx

Post by boostedmx »

actually its around 3000-3500
DRAG SPEC MX3 BEING PARTED OUT.
BUY ALL MY STUFF OR DIE.lol, SERIOUSLY BUY MY STUFF. PLEEEASE

Post by Guest »

Thats why I said around 5k or under.
reSa

Post by reSa »

thanks for the reply guys...but they said that blue book value is inaccurate?? :\ blue book is right under 5000...so im guessing market value is like i dunno a lot less than that.
thecause17

Post by thecause17 »

Ever thought about buying it back and parting it out? If they're gonna rip you off on what it's worth, then at least you cvould get it for cheap.
'99 Ranger XLT Offroad 4.0 4x4
mx3chom

Post by mx3chom »

some lady rearended me last month. im getting it fixed. but that is besides the point.<P>her insurance company told me my car was worth $4,600 american. i have a 95 rs body is in great condition and the car runs great. 90,000 miles on it.<P>later,<BR>dominic
RIP 95 rs
reSa

Post by reSa »

if they dont give me at least 3500 for my car im going to refuse to sign the title over to them (then they can't move my car out of the tow yard to their lot and theres some absurd storage fee every day) and insist that they fix all 7000 dollars worth of damage on my car...which i think they have to do cos i have full coverage? i guess thats all i really can do. which isn't bad at all actually...heh. :))
fredsanford

Post by fredsanford »

They can force you to total it, But only within reason. If you get RETAIL blue book, You're a pimp.<P> Also, Don't sign ANYTHING till they settle.<P> You need to gather evidence, Find a comparable car at several other dealers priced at what you want and go to them with that as evidence of market value
reSa

Post by reSa »

exactly what im trying to do...its just...really really...hard to find mx-3 ads on this stinky island. like it's really BIZARRE. i've been going through the every single car ad for 2002 and there's been like maybe 6 mx-3s TOTAL. i think i need to move to CANADA. heh. they're trying to tell me the value of my car is really really low because it has high mileage. 93000 miles aint so bad. but anyway...im not letting my car go for that little. not without a good fight anyway. thanks for the advice. :)

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”