What can I expect?

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
jeff

What can I expect?

Post by jeff »

I'm in the process of getting my B6T put in my car and I was wondering what I can expect for power from it? here is my set up, B6T engine, 370cc injectors, 2.5 exhaust, manual boost controller running 11psi, intake, ported and polished head. just curios to what my over all power will be at the crank?
maldo

Re: What can I expect?

Post by maldo »

You can expect around 140-150whp. You will want to get a FC3S fuel pump to help with fuel pressure. I would suggest the Pro LX ecu and a S-AFC. Go to the 4 cyl faqs for my post on the B6T swap. I had maxed out my old 270cc injectors at 15psi, w/2.25exhaust, at 155whp, now I am around the 200whp mark.
jeff

Post by jeff »

I was thinking about having my boost up around 15psi also, but I wasn't sure if that would be a safe number, I'm keeping it low for the first 1000 miles or so just to work the engine in and then I will be turning up the boost, on a fully rebuilt engine I don't think that there will be any worries about having 15 running through it, but I wasn't sure. I'm hoping to have about 160 or 165 whp when I'm all done. thanks for the input maldo
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

whats controlling those 370s?
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
jeff

Post by jeff »

I have the RX-7 Fuel pump, I think that should work with them, do you guys have any tips on what I could get more power out of it with? other than what I have listed?
jeff

Post by jeff »

I have another question about what I will be getting out of this engine, I was wondering about the torque that I will be getting anyone know (hint hint maldo :) you seem to know this stuff pretty good) what I should be getting to numbers in that department?

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”