Stock injector size on a DOHC?

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Stock injector size on a DOHC?

Post by cjthor »

Hey guys,<BR> I ordered a set of balanced injectors for my turbo project. They are 370cc. I think these damn things are going to be too small. If I am lookin at 400crank horsepower dont i need like 500? Does anyone know what the stock injectors are?
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S
dam2009

Re: Stock injector size on a DOHC?

Post by dam2009 »

tell me how you gonna reach 400HP of the mx? even toyota supra 3.0L V6 with twin turbo doesn't reach 400horses (360) ... ok lets say that if somehow (I don't know how) you'll get there, mx-3 is a FWD so no chance to pull that much out of it anyways.
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by dam2009:<BR><STRONG>tell me how you gonna reach 400HP of the mx? even toyota supra 3.0L V6 with twin turbo doesn't reach 400horses (360) ... ok lets say that if somehow (I don't know how) you'll get there, mx-3 is a FWD so no chance to pull that much out of it anyways.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR> This is not up for debate...Just asking questions on the injectors. No offense man but i would rather not get into it.
Jarid Perry
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
dam2009

Post by dam2009 »

well I don't know ... stock eclipse runs 540cc ... you can get the 570 for $250CAN. There is only one person I know in my city that runs the 540cc on mx
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

thanx
Jarid Perry
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
dam2009

Post by dam2009 »

I know this doesn't really answer the question .... Just for the curiousity what's your set up?
maldo

Post by maldo »

Stock injectors for your carr are 230cc. The 370cc injectors will only let you see around 300hp at the crank at 100% duty cycle.<P>FYI, DSM injectors are 440cc. Supras are capable of much more than 360hp. The newest record for a miata was 449.1whp. Don't talk garbage until you know the facts.
jaydog5678

Post by jaydog5678 »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cjthor:<BR><STRONG>Hey guys,<BR> I ordered a set of balanced injectors for my turbo project. They are 370cc. I think these damn things are going to be too small. If I am lookin at 400crank horsepower dont i need like 500? Does anyone know what the stock injectors are?</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>For 400hp, you would need a 55lb/hr, or 580cc/min injector. Sorry, could'nt tell you the factory ratings.<P>The formula. You may already know this...<P>inj size(lb/hr)= expected bhp * BSFC(.55) divided by # of injectors.<P>convert lbs/hr to cc/min, multiply 10.5
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

Okay.<BR> My engine is going into the shop as we speak. It will be a hybrid b6ze/b6t. It will be fully balanced with custom rods and pistons. The head is flowbenched and custom cams are in the works along with using my mazdaspeed cam gears. The intake has been flowbenched and portmatched to the head as well as to the big bore tb. I am getting a custom header made and it will probably be runing a hybrid turbo that Derrick is working on. The intercooler and piping is all going to be custom thru corksport. I know I am missing lots...OH the tranny is going to be either a protege or a custom fit mr2.
Jarid Perry
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
maldo

Post by maldo »

Jarid,<P>MR2 tranny? interesting, got any info on this? Who suggested it?<P>For your cams, Mazda Competition has blanks for going custom. Talk to Webcam, highly recommended by the FI miata guys.
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by maldo:<BR><STRONG>Jarid,<P>MR2 tranny? interesting, got any info on this? Who suggested it?<P>For your cams, Mazda Competition has blanks for going custom. Talk to Webcam, highly recommended by the FI miata guys.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>Talked to Rob at pineapple racing and he suggested it. He is well known in the rotary world. He is also well know for mazda B series buildups. I have exchanged many emails with him and the engine and turbo mods I have coming will push me to 400 horsepower. The toyota MR2 swap is a brainchild of his and works very well. I will post more info when I get it.
Jarid Perry
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
OsoSlo z28

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

no! you post more NOW damn it! :p
Fast imports only come on two wheels.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
'02 Yamaha Warrior (1700cc)
'94 MX-3 RS-t (BPT)~ sold
cardomain pics
maldo

Post by maldo »

I would have to agree with Ashley, - Get off your butt and get us some info!!! :)
maldo

Post by maldo »

Not sure which year MR2 we are discussing but if it uses the C52 tranny, there are a whole lot of options available to us. This tranny has been available since the mid '80s in the AE92 and up from what I can tell. The jspec Levin tranny has close ratio 2-3 gears. That is all I have found so far.
OsoSlo z28

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

you have forgotten three simple letters young grasshopper.....LSD...and no, i'm not talking about the mysterious mind bending...err...you get what i'm saying. :D
Fast imports only come on two wheels.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
'02 Yamaha Warrior (1700cc)
'94 MX-3 RS-t (BPT)~ sold
cardomain pics

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”