weight reduction stage 2

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
Ryencool

Re: weight reduction stage 2

Post by Ryencool »

how much do our seats wiegh compared to a aftermarket seat? never thought about that...
92 red rs
performance exhaust
zx2 struts and Eibach springs
turboed + stand alone when the cash is there
mx3man83

Post by mx3man83 »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by marshmallow15:<BR><STRONG><P>i see that YOU drive an rs too....if you have no engine swap or anything, i dont see the point why YOU have ram air intake and straight pipe exhaust. now if you had a faster engine that could actually get up and go, then id understand...catch my drift?</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Listen i wasnt talking ---, i was just curious as to what your reasoning was. I have a ram air intake to get just a little bit more performance from my engine, not to race or anything. I straight piped my exhaust because I like how it sounds, nothing to do with racing.<p>[ October 03, 2002: Message edited by: Custommx3 ]
Combat kit, Spectra blue paint, shaved, Black ADR flite 4 17's/ Yokahama ES 100's, straight through 2.5 inch cat back exhaust, CAI, Straight neck IM KLZE, poly filled motor mounts, Kl48/ Eprom chip, black altezzas, Wet Zex 75 shot, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Cosmo AFPR, GS SE all black interior, RF 1kbd amp, RF 12 HE2's (2), US acoustics 4 channel amp
My Cardomain site
marshmallow15

Post by marshmallow15 »

then maybe next time you can ask why would i strip my car..instead of insulting me and not seeing the point in trying to be different from everyone else and building up my sohc. its not bad to try and have the fasted sohc on this board. people cant have the money or time for a swap. thats the easy way out. im one of those people. im doing it the old hot rodding way.
http://boostedboogie.notanorg.org
- team slideways
92' mazda mx-3 (parting out), 03' bmw 325i, 03' bmw 530i (traded for 325), red FD3S (sold), 2005 cateyes carbon fiber bike
marshmallow15

Post by marshmallow15 »

oh btw, is there any way i can take out the stock 13 gallon fuel tank and put in a smaller 8 gallon tank?
- team slideways
92' mazda mx-3 (parting out), 03' bmw 325i, 03' bmw 530i (traded for 325), red FD3S (sold), 2005 cateyes carbon fiber bike
Ryencool

Post by Ryencool »

you can afford a swap but you can afford 500 pistons, and 400$ cranks, and extensive engine work? 700$ gets you the b6t, not hard to install, uses stock tranny ( i know your auto so a little more dough ) the most cost effective route would be a swap. You can spend 1500$ N/a and get maybe 50hp. You can swap in hte b6t for that, better feul control and your well on your way to 200hp...just dont see the point personally, but like I said before, good luck and have fun
92 red rs
performance exhaust
marshmallow15

Post by marshmallow15 »

yea id spend the money for the headlight/taillight swap, but i wouldnt spend that much for an engine swap. plus ive had problems with parents and my engine so they wont let me do performance things that costs more than $1000. so im trying to do as much performance as possible that they cant notice such as internal work.<BR>plus i want to try to pass smog with my engine ya know.<p>[ October 03, 2002: Message edited by: marshmallow15 ]
- team slideways
torpedan

Post by torpedan »

If i get a chance i will have the one of my seats weighed. I like the look and sound better of a gutted car as opposed to a show car same reason i ahve a intake and a diffrent exsaust system..
-torp.
I don't own a Mazda.
Ryencool

Post by Ryencool »

you can pass smog with any engine? if the person installs it correctly..just buy and american b6t out of the 323 or a capri and youll be fine, and turbocharged, just dont have a loud a-- BOV and the parents wont know ;)
92 red rs
performance exhaust
Freq2002

Post by Freq2002 »

You can get a smaller fuel cell from Summit Racing fairly cheap, just mount it in the back. There are some nice looking spun aluminum ones out there as well that would look pretty sweet in the back, but keep in mind if you put it inside you have to run a vent system on the tank.<P>An Optima Yellow top battery should give you all the CCA you need for your car in the winter.<P>Cutting metal out of your frame &/or door panels isn't the brightest idea. Sure, the odds of side impact are lower, but you only have to get killed once to ruin the odds. Keep in mind that the doors are an integral part of the body in an impact, they help tranfer & absorb impact force, if they are weak, the rest of the frame has to make that up. I used to work for a wrecking yard, & have seen a car that had a broken door latch curled up into a ball. Head on impact in the middle of the day with some a-- in a truck that fell asleep or somethin. The door popped open & was nearly undamaged, that side of the car folded like a soda can,...<BR>You can offload a whole bunch of weight if you properly instal a small cage, but it's offset my the weight of the cage,... Up to you tho, it's ur butt. :D<P>As always good luck, be safe, have fun.
The contents of this post are the opinions of myself and are NEVER meant to be percieved as the "be all, end all". So cram it!! :p
Shades

Post by Shades »

I totally agree with Freq2002.<P>Also just for the record, there aren't only drunk drivers at night... more at night though. There are old people, stupid drivers, and other people driving during the day... like someone said all it takes is just one crash.<P>I'm sure your life is worth more than 3 miles per gallon increase.<P>Just my 2 cents.
JoN - Ex-Automotive Machinist Journeyman/Refrigeration Mechanic Apprentice
1996 Mazda MX-3 RS - Creek Blue Mica

RACING BP fully built with Twin Scroll GT3071R TURBO @ +30psi - Specs and Pictures

"Do it ONCE, do it RIGHT!"
marshmallow15

Post by marshmallow15 »

thanks for all of your concerns. yea i know there are drunk drivers at day too, i just meant that its at a max during the night.<P>oh and for the record, my mx3 is not a daily driver. i have a different daily driver car which is a mitsubishi eclipse gsx...its awd and turbo, but there are too many of them in the show scene, so my mx3 will be towed to car shows and pretty soon track events.<P>the only time ill drive it is when setting it up for a show or on the track.<P>sorry i forgot to mention that.
- team slideways
mx3man83

Post by mx3man83 »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by marshmallow15:<BR><STRONG>then maybe next time you can ask why would i strip my car..instead of insulting me and not seeing the point in trying to be different from everyone else and building up my sohc. its not bad to try and have the fasted sohc on this board. people cant have the money or time for a swap. thats the easy way out. im one of those people. im doing it the old hot rodding way.</STRONG><P><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>you are definitely troubled if you think what i said was insulting.
Combat kit, Spectra blue paint, shaved, Black ADR flite 4 17's/ Yokahama ES 100's, straight through 2.5 inch cat back exhaust, CAI, Straight neck IM KLZE, poly filled motor mounts, Kl48/ Eprom chip, black altezzas, Wet Zex 75 shot, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Cosmo AFPR, GS SE all black interior, RF 1kbd amp, RF 12 HE2's (2), US acoustics 4 channel amp
My Cardomain site
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

Is anyone here from puerto rico? We should try and contact Marcos Acosta somehow. He has access to fiberglass doors as well as fenders. Any ideas?
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S
marshmallow15

Post by marshmallow15 »

i can try and set up a group buy for fiberglass doors but the thing is i dont want to deal with shipping and all.
- team slideways
Paragon

Post by Paragon »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cjthor:<BR><STRONG>Is anyone here from puerto rico? We should try and contact Marcos Acosta somehow. He has access to fiberglass doors as well as fenders. Any ideas?</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>that is a very good idea...however, since i'm a daily driver, i won't go for it

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”