Wich wires?

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
patapouf

Wich wires?

Post by patapouf »

Ok, I've done some searching to find out wich plug wires I should get. Till now im inclined on getting Nology wires. What do you guys think?<P><BR>Hey Maldo, instead of gettin the NGK plugs you sugg. I went for the Beru plugs, should I have considered otherwise?<P>Thanks!
quinn_seipp

Re: Wich wires?

Post by quinn_seipp »

nologys are wick :o
130 hp and 1000 horsepower strong, ;)
patapouf

Post by patapouf »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by quinn_seipp:<BR><STRONG>nologys are wick :)
Freq2002

Post by Freq2002 »

Magnecor makes some nice stuff, Jacobs Electronics are also pretty nice.<BR>I'd go for something with a good track record & has a no-s--- lifetime warranty.
The contents of this post are the opinions of myself and are NEVER meant to be percieved as the "be all, end all". So cram it!! :p
patapouf

Post by patapouf »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Freq2002:<BR><STRONG>Magnecor makes some nice stuff, Jacobs Electronics are also pretty nice.<BR>I'd go for something with a good track record & has a no-s--- lifetime warranty.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>So you dont agree with nology wires? Or are you just suggesting alternatives?
OsoSlo z28

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

all the big names are good, but if you don't have an upgraded ign. setup, you're just paying for the name and looks.
Fast imports only come on two wheels.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
'02 Yamaha Warrior (1700cc)
'94 MX-3 RS-t (BPT)~ sold
cardomain pics
Freq2002

Post by Freq2002 »

Cre8tive is correct, w/o upgrading your ignition system, you're better off getting a good set of Bosch 7mm wires. (Not sure if they make em for the MX3 engine tho,...)<P>As for Nology wires, here's a bit I found on thier website.<BR>"Many racers are skeptical when you tell them they can get horsepower increases from something as mundane as plug wires and a coil. But the Nology HotWires and ProFire do exactly that."<BR>I see a claim like that on a manufaturers website & I go elsewhere. Any good engine builder will tell you that the horsepower of an engine is a set amount depending on it's configuration. A properly tuned HEI ignition such as what comes in the MX-3 will yeild a good burn. Poorly tuned you get a bad burn & loose performance & mild power drops. If your car is in a good state of tune & you get these wires, it's doubtfull you'd get any gains that you could get from putting in a set of cheesey low impedance wires from Accel. All your doing is making a hotter spark, & before y'all start flamin away, no, thats not always a good thing.<BR>The whole capacitor in the wire thing sounds like a cheap way to imitate MSD. Cheap for them, not for you when you pay for it. Especialy if the drain is too much for your coil & it takes a big hairy dump.<BR>My personal take, if you're gonna do it, do it right. Dont get just wires, get the system. Me, I'd get an MSD crank triggered system with programable ignition curve. Beats a dizzy system hands down every time.<P>But then, thats just my opinion,...<p>[ September 22, 2002: Message edited by: Freq2002 ]
The contents of this post are the opinions of myself and are NEVER meant to be percieved as the "be all, end all". So cram it!! :p
patapouf

Post by patapouf »

Freq, and Crev<P>Thanks for the advice! As for the MSD product you suggested to me Freq, I cant find it. How much does it run for?<P>You see I have a problem with my engine. When I get to 2000rpm it engine seems to skip a little. I dont feel any loss in power, but its damn annoying! Iwas suggested the renew my whole ign. system(plugs, wires, dist. cap and rotor).
Freq2002

Post by Freq2002 »

The crank tigger system would prolly have to be modified from a system made for another type of engine. All depends on similarities in the parts, but a 4-cyl ingn. sys. should work on any 4-cyl.<BR>Contact MSD with your questions, I have found that thier tech. department is outstanding & can find you the answers you need.
patapouf

Post by patapouf »

Ok thanks alot!
maldo

Post by maldo »

The crank trigger system is going to be quite difficult to get to work as the ecu is what controls timing. If you were able to use a miata ecu, it could be done. You may as well go Haltek or TEC-II or III which both use this system and may be cheaper in the long run.<P>I used Beru plugs for years in NA form but switched to the NGK. Personally I fing the NGK better but that is personal preference and based on my current setup. Beru is still a very good brand.
patapouf

Post by patapouf »

I also decided to go for NGK's. It helped my problem a little but the car still shakes a little upwards of 2000rpm. Its really pissing me off! Im bringing it the the garage tomorow so hopefully they'll find whats wrong with it! Canadian Tire couldn't! :mad:

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”