tires chirping...tranny prob??

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions

tires chirping...tranny prob??

Post by Guest »

my friend has a 93 MX-3 RS(1.6L SOHC motor)...its all stock, except for a muffler.<BR>when he floors it(its an automatic) and it shifts from first to second, it chirps the tires...could this mean the tranny is slipping?<BR>the car doesnt have much power and i dont think its supposed to do that, but i dunno cause im dumb when it comes to cars.<BR>does anyone elses car chirps when going into second?? just something thats been bugging me and i wanna know if its supposed to do that. [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
torpedan

Re: tires chirping...tranny prob??

Post by torpedan »

I would lean more twoards his tires are crap than his transmission is slipping =]
-torp.
I don't own a Mazda.

Post by Guest »

brand new Kuhmo tires.<BR>does anyone elses car shift REALLY hard?
voltaire

Post by voltaire »

Brand new tires require a break in before they start gripping properly. I don't think spinning the tires before they're broken in is good for them either, since you want them to break in as evenly as possible.<P>Also, you didn't mention whether the car always chirped the tires or if it only started after the new tires.<p>[ September 07, 2002: Message edited by: voltaire ]

Post by Guest »

its always done it...even w/ the old tires.<BR>the reason i think its the tranny causeie shifts REALLY hard.
voltaire

Post by voltaire »

Torque converter maybe?
92RedMX3

Post by 92RedMX3 »

Damn, Chevy guys pay good money to have that happen. It is accutally a spring in tranny that tells it what pressure to shift at.

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”