Where is the resonator?

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
drummer0821

Where is the resonator?

Post by drummer0821 »

I heard on here that if u take off the resonator, your exhaust will sound better... What and where is the resonator? And what do i need to remove it... and do i need piping to replace where it used to be? :roll:
- 93 Mx-3 Rs Auto -<BR>Kenwood Head Unit<BR>Kenwood 600 RMS 2channel amp<BR>2x 12inch Punch XLC subs<BR>Custom made sealed box
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: Where is the resonator?

Post by Custommx3 »

Do NOT do that!<BR>it will sound like shyt, I wish I had left mien on my custom, exhaust. It was so loud I had to add an extra muffler to make it quieter.
drummer0821

Post by drummer0821 »

well can u tell me where it is?? My plan is to take off the resonator, and put on a Muffler i had made, by my own design. Ive already quick attatched it to my friends MX and it sounded great. He is running his complete straight pipe... 2inch piping... hes got the hurrican headers... and then just straight pipe. No muff, no resonater, no cat, no nothing.
- 93 Mx-3 Rs Auto -<BR>Kenwood Head Unit<BR>Kenwood 600 RMS 2channel amp<BR>2x 12inch Punch XLC subs<BR>Custom made sealed box
dam2009

Post by dam2009 »

it's right after the catalitic converter... I woudn't remove that either.
Freq2002

Post by Freq2002 »

Had a custom system built for mine using a hi-flow cat, 2" pipe, & a twin tip Magnaflow stainless stell muffler. Sounds pretty sweet, but when it's pulling or at higher speeds, it's like riding in a damn Cesna,...<BR>Sounds great, but gets old. Leave it in.
The contents of this post are the opinions of myself and are NEVER meant to be percieved as the "be all, end all". So cram it!! :p
Q187

Post by Q187 »

I have a hole in my Resonator. Sounds terrible.

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”