Cam Question

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
jeff

Cam Question

Post by jeff »

alrihgt I just found out that the head that I got with my B6T dosen't have any cams in it. I was wondering if the ones from my 1.6 DOHC would fit in???
Stevech_2001

Re: Cam Question

Post by Stevech_2001 »

I'm pretty sure they will but they aren't as good...look for aftermarket ones
Steve
maldo

Post by maldo »

Everything will swap over. If you decide to go with new cams, try HKS, TODA, Corksport and check some of the Aussie Cam manufacturers.
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by maldo:<BR><STRONG>Everything will swap over. If you decide to go with new cams, try HKS, TODA, Corksport and check some of the Aussie Cam manufacturers.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Toda doesnt make anything that would work well with a forced induction setup. All their stuff is high lift, long duration NA cams.
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
jeff

Post by jeff »

Thanks alot guys.. I am for sure getting new cams I just have to put something in there for the time being until I have some money for new ones. how much do the HKS cams run?
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jeff:<BR><STRONG>alrihgt I just found out that the head that I got with my B6T dosen't have any cams in it. I was wondering if the ones from my 1.6 DOHC would fit in???</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR> Ummmm no..the distributor on your mx-3 is on the exhaust side. The cams will not swap.
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S
maldo

Post by maldo »

ummm sure they will, you just need to use the ex cam on the intake and vice versa. They do fit, it has been done.
maldo

Post by maldo »

Jeff and all the other guys interested in a B6T swap, found this on the GTX list.<P><A HREF="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/323gtx/message/32257" TARGET=_blank>B6T parts for sale</A><P>Hope this helps someone, this is the best place to find parts for the B6 motor at a cheap price.

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”