Will my engine survive?

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
Swego

Will my engine survive?

Post by Swego »

Friday nite I heard a loud "thunk" underneath my car as I was driving. At first I tought I hit a rock or something, but as I poped the hood the next morning, I realised that my air filter fell of my cold air intake! I drove about 1hour on highway friday after the incident. The 90deg elbow was still attached and pointing down. What are the best and worse case scenarios for my engine.
white94mx3

Re: Will my engine survive?

Post by white94mx3 »

Ouch... Well the best thing you could do, is remove the intake piping and clean your throttle body with some throttle body cleaner, and then put the piping back on with a new filter, and make sure it's on tight this time! :mad: haha that should clean out any dirt or crap out of it. The Worst case senario (sorry can't spell) is that you'll have to rebuild your throttle body or replace it with a reman. or new one. [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
1994 Mazda MX-3 RS (Project RS-T)
Stevech_2001

Post by Stevech_2001 »

...worst case scenario is that your motor is gone...clean the throttle body and change the oil and put some fuel system cleaner though it....
Steve
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

worst...engine is toast<BR>best...nothing happened<P> [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
torpedan

Post by torpedan »

Hehe yeah as protege said it.. Statisically speaking it shouldnt be too long before you find out anyways =] <P>I would just do a visaual inspection of the intake system to be sure any debrie is in it already and just pray =]
-torp.
I don't own a Mazda.

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”