Aluminum Spoiler question???

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
MattsGirl9500

Aluminum Spoiler question???

Post by MattsGirl9500 »

I was wondering if anyone knew of any place that made the aluminum spoilers to fit on the hatch of the mx3?? I know they make them mostly for trunks that arent curved like the mx3? but they gotta make them i guess??? also, i had the idea of taking the black part off the back at the end of the hatch and cutting sort of a small box so the ends of the spoiler could be bolted onto the metal of the hatch and then putting the black piece around the spoiler bottom and putting it back on? do you think it would hold or should i just keep looking for a spoiler FOR the mx3???
~Alisha
mazda20

Re: Aluminum Spoiler question???

Post by mazda20 »

Check ebay now they got a nice carbon fibre one that would look good on the mx-3.<P><A HREF="http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/ebayI ... 58&r=0&t=0" TARGET=_blank>Carbon Fibre Wing on Ebay</A>
94 Mazda MX-3 BPT Custom Intake/Exhaust T3/T4, 51mm BOV, Tial WG, 2.5" Piping, 880cc Inj, Godspeed Intercooler, TEC II
My MX-3 Website
MattsGirl9500

Post by MattsGirl9500 »

ok, on ur spoiler.. how did u get it to stay bolted down on the black plastic piece??? (how did u make the mounting pieces of the spoiler stay on the curved part of the hatch??)
~Alisha
mazda20

Post by mazda20 »

First off, your referring to the brackets that you cant see so your going have to trust on this one.<P><BR>I first took a piece of wood and shaped it about the same size as the aluminum flat piece with four holes is going to be at. So what I ended up with was a rectangular aluminum piece about the same size as my spoiler mounting bracket is the only difference was it started thicker on one end and was really thin on the other end. The aluminum bracket fits right under the plastic hatch garnish and doesn't push it up any, but still has the support. The bolts go all the way through to the otherside.
94 Mazda MX-3 BPT Custom Intake/Exhaust T3/T4, 51mm BOV, Tial WG, 2.5" Piping, 880cc Inj, Godspeed Intercooler, TEC II
My MX-3 Website
MattsGirl9500

Post by MattsGirl9500 »

ok thanks.. i just kept thinking that the black piece would come off since its not on there good to begin with, it has alraedy come off when i was going down the road and i had to go to junk yard after junk yard to get a new one, it was a nightmare....thanks for your help!
~Alisha
solace

Post by solace »

ok, I'm not seeing how that carbon wing on ebay is going to fit on that dinky lil garnish piece on our hatch. the base of that wing looks much to long. I like the wing but dont see it fitting without some of the base hangin off the back of the car. Am i overlooking somthing here?
MattsGirl9500

Post by MattsGirl9500 »

yea thats what im thinking, none of the spoilers look like they are going to fit the hatch???? i really think retailers should get a move on making stuff for OUR cars!! they dont know how much money they could be making, ahh oh well... if anyone has any luck with them, email me and tell me about it.. i just heard NOT to buy PEP Boys aluminum spoilers cuz after a few days they break.. which sucks cuz they are only $189 but then again thats probably why they break :) well hope you all the best of luck! :p mattsgirl9500@hotmail.com
~Alisha
mazda20

Post by mazda20 »

I was very skeptical about getting the wing I got and I still dont like the fact it seats a little to far back, but I did my research by measuring the base of where I wanted it and then got one that is the right length and the base will fit that is the only way we can do it other wise you will end up with something that will be less that show quality.
My MX-3 Website
Stevech_2001

Post by Stevech_2001 »

Wings are just going to slow you down....... :p ...
Steve
jinu_chang

Post by jinu_chang »

I agree with Steve...<BR>Not that I'm putting them down but I don't really like the look of the aluminum spoilers. They look good on some cars but I don't think they really suit the mx-3. Did you try looking at the fx deign spoilers or the supra spoilers? There not bad either..<BR>just my 2 cents :D
jeff

Post by jeff »

I actually saw an aluminum wing on an mx-3 the other day.. and my personally I would never put one of those things on my car!! it didn't look that great.. there were two pieces that were coming down from the wing and attaching under the latch. it really didn't look that great.. I would suggest just going with the chin spoilers I think that those are the most sleek looking ones out there. but hey that's just my opinion
MattsGirl9500

Post by MattsGirl9500 »

yea i was thinking that they would look too big for a mx3.. but hey yea never know till ya try something... but i do like the supra style ones, they are pretty nice, im just sick of the gay little black piece.. and i really dont like those little "spoilers" that are on every single mx3.. i want somethign different.. i dont know just my opinion... with those little spoilers it makes the car look tooooooo long! thanks though!
~Alisha
jinu_chang

Post by jinu_chang »

Supra spoilers do look nice... I'm getting one in October actually. They make the car look nice! I've seen a few of them on some mazda's and they look way better than the aluminum ones. Plus there not expensive at all!
jeff

Post by jeff »

Hey Alisha what about one of the ones from FX designs?? they have some pretty nice ones. I like there combat one pretty sweet. they are kinda the supra style but more agressive
renef

Post by renef »

WHAT WE NEED IS TO GET SOME IMAGES ON THIS SITE SO WE CAN COMPARE AND DECIDE WHAT LOOKS GOOD.
White 1992 MX-3 RS Turbo<BR>"Live Boosted or Die!"

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”