Problems with gear and clutch???

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions

Problems with gear and clutch???

Post by Guest »

heres the prob<P>On a cold day when i start my car there is a metal grinding noise till the car is fully warmed. Also WHen i depress the clutch the noise goes away, but when i realese is its back????<BR>Also sometime i have probs going into first and shifting can be rough and hard when cold??<BR>any feed back is appreciated<P>thanks in advance :)

Re: Problems with gear and clutch???

Post by Guest »

Hello?? Is anyone going to answer my questions?? :roll: :roll:
axess

Post by axess »

I had the exact same problem last november when cold days started. Just change your transmission oil and you should be fine. Might as well put some red line oil in there, everyone seems to like it, but I haven't tried it yet.<P>If you want to do this yourself I cant really help there, but look in the manual, everything is there. Shouldn't be to hard to do.<P>Good luck
Stephane '96 Blaze Red RS

Post by Guest »

i checked my gear oil and it appears to be empty..hardly any oil on the sensor dipstick thing and the littl;e there is is very thick/dry..any ideas??<P>thanks

Post by Guest »

oh and when i cahnge the oils should it be warm or can i do it when the car is cold???<BR>thanks<BR>also i can't see a full mark on the dipsrick..

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”