Smokin' MX-3

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
mmonid

Smokin' MX-3

Post by mmonid »

I started the car up this morning, and out from the tailpipe, came a nice big blue cloud of smoke. Ever since I took it to Mr. Lube (personally, I think that was a big mistake!), it has been smoking a bit. I had not noticed anything unusual before. For some reason, I have only noticed it smoking when I park on an incline, with the front of the car facing uphill. After the car is running, there is no smoke. When I was in getting the oil changed, the technician at Mr. Lube pulled off the intake hose, and stuck his finger in the intake manifold, and he took it out covered in oil. Does the intake normally get full of oil, or was he looking for an extra $70 for an intake system cleaning by somehow getting oil in there? Also, he did an engine flush because I know the oil had not been changed in a while, and it looked really dirty (I am not sure if he added some of that dirt though). Could that of had any effect on anything?
Matthew Monid

1993 MX-3 RS 5-Speed (Sold)/1997 Volvo 850 AWD Turbo 5-Speed
tk1138

Re: Smokin' MX-3

Post by tk1138 »

take the car to a known honest mechanic, and have them check out the intake. The only way I can think of oil getting into the intake is from the intake valves, and that's REALLY messed up. If it's a dishonest mechanic, then you've got a good law suite, but that would be a really bold scam.<P>Good luck<BR>tk1138
tk1138<P>There's not really anything I want to say over and over.
mmonid

Post by mmonid »

Thanks... I will look into that. I was talking to a guy at work here, and he said that the crankcse may be too full, and oil is getting into the intake. <P>Does anybody know of a good mechanic in Peel Region that is good with the MX-3?<P>Thanks
Matthew Monid

1993 MX-3 RS 5-Speed (Sold)/1997 Volvo 850 AWD Turbo 5-Speed
kohlf

Post by kohlf »

No one really knows more about Mazda's than Mazda themselves if ya know what I'm saying :D ... cheers
Take 'er easy ... if she's easy take 'er twice ... SHIBBY
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

I disagree, I took my RS to mazda 3times for the same problem,. and they werent able to fidn the problem. So I still get a little black smoke. They tried to tell me it was my plugs and sold me some NGKs ( keep in mind I replaced them that day to see if that was the problem) and I replaced them again withthe NGKs. Same problem.
back alley

Post by back alley »

a good mechanic is a good mechanic - no matter where he works. mine is great, i was lucky to find him. as for mazda, these are older cars and it's very possible that a younger mechanic might not have seen the mx3 when new and therefore might not necesarily know it any better. (twisted logic??)just saying that there are no guarantees(sp?).<p>[ March 26, 2002: Message edited by: back alley ]

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”