Someone Please Help!!!

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
roly023

Someone Please Help!!!

Post by roly023 »

i have a '94 mx-3 auto. yesterday it started to heat up. the temp gauge was going crazy. when i completly stop it'l go down and up a few times.when i start going again it'll go down and it seems that the faster i go the higher the temp gauge goes what can cause this problem?
spllogics

Re: Someone Please Help!!!

Post by spllogics »

i had that happen in a nother car f mine and it was cause my heater coil went out and i had no water in my radiator. but i dont know take it to a local shop coulld be a sensor .
codene

Post by codene »

same with me. i had a merkur running 12 lbs of boost. the heating coil was gone and my radiator wasnt pumping watr correctly, i doint know anywayz i blew up the engine (pistons melted like lava was on em) and i had to sell it junked for around $500. thats with a turbo and IC!!
<A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/mail_cory_here" TARGET=_blank>Codenes Car</A>
dam2009

Post by dam2009 »

before you'll spend 100's of$ on coil&labour check for minor things.... maybe you have a leak in your rad or hose... it could be even a thermostat, when was the last time you flushed your rad????
EvilSnot

Post by EvilSnot »

Could also be a gummed up cat. Whouldn't be surprised, your right around where it whould be pluged to heck, lol. Couldn't hurt to cut the thing out anyways, lol :)

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”