Lighting Problem

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
jimboxer

Lighting Problem

Post by jimboxer »

the light on the headliner, doesn't matter if its set to "door" or "off" it just plane won't come on. they come on when i press the switch so its not the bulbs. any suggestions anyone? nothing serious just thought to throw it out there.<P>Jimboxer [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
Get in, sit down, shut up, and hold on!!
Maddbuck

Re: Lighting Problem

Post by Maddbuck »

set to door they should come on. does it come on for one of the doors or neither. One thing to try which is simple is to unscrew the door pin/switch and check for rust. sometimes there is rust in the pin/switch which does not allow the circuit to close when the door is open.<BR>try that first, if that does not help then I have no clue. :roll:
Bri94GS

Post by Bri94GS »

did you recently get an alarm or radio installed? It could be a disconnected wire or blown fuse...
~Bri - Morph860@aol.com
'94 MX-3 GS (FOR SALE!)
'04 Mazda 3s 5-door
zoom-zoom
jimboxer

Post by jimboxer »

they don't come on when either door opens. yes i recently installed a new cd-player, but it was long before then that they didn't come on when the doors opened. so it's not a blown fuse or anything. or bulbs. so the switches on the doors maybe some rust around there? i'll try that.<P>Jimboxer
mmonid

Post by mmonid »

If the lights are on, and you open the door, does the chime come on? I think that I have the same problem as you. My interior lights do not come on when I opne the door, and either does the chime. Because both of these don't work, I think it is the switch.
Matthew Monid

1993 MX-3 RS 5-Speed (Sold)/1997 Volvo 850 AWD Turbo 5-Speed
Skiddy

Post by Skiddy »

if the Chime and the lights do not come on, it is probably the switch. My did the same things except it was only the driver side. I just greesed up the little button on the bottom panel. The button was sticking so when I would open the door the chime or lights would not come on because it was not being detected.
Skiddy
94' MX-3 RS Sparkle Green
Suspension Technique Springs
MS Style Nose
OEM Side Skirts
jimboxer

Post by jimboxer »

so its in the switch?<BR>i'd really like to get it fix, and if it is the switch do you just replace them or what?<P>Jimboxer
mmonid

Post by mmonid »

I don't think that the problem is in the switch. On the weekend, I took the whole switch assembly apart, cleaned it, and no go. Narrowing down possible problems, I took the wire that plugs into the switch and touched it to the body, and the lights did not come on. However, the lights still work if you push the button beside them, just not when the door opens.
Matthew Monid

mmonid

Post by mmonid »

Update to last post... for some reason, the lights worked tonight. I will look into greasing the switch as mentioned before. I shut the door, and opened it again, and no lights. Oh well.
Matthew Monid

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”