almost stalls when brake and clutch pedal down

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
jacob_zurasky

almost stalls when brake and clutch pedal down

Post by jacob_zurasky »

Hey! I have a 93 Mx-3 RS and noticed today that when I was coming to a red light and pushed down the clutch and the brake my rpms went way lown, near a stall. I did some experimentation as follows: While sitting in my driveway with clutch down and in 1st, revved the engine to about 3000 and let off gas a pressed brake. It went to a near stall and lights dimmed for a second before rising back up to 600-700 rpm. I tried the same thing but this time without the brake and it acted normal, went down to 6-700. It seems to only happen with both brake and clutch. One other thing i did was while driving. Before applying the brake, I would shift into neutral and then brake and it would act normal, but if left in gear and braked with clutch down, it would do the near stall thing. Any ideas? -Jacob
leelee1981

Re: almost stalls when brake and clutch pedal down

Post by leelee1981 »

My car does that I don't know what it is! :p
axess

Post by axess »

Check your idle speed like in the shop manual (b1-009), in diagnostics mode. I bet your idle is to low and thats why this happens. Probably just turn the AAS counter clockwise about 1 turn and see what happens.
Stephane '96 Blaze Red RS
Maddbuck

Post by Maddbuck »

it's the idle, just adjust it. for the RS it should be around 750 rpm. Adjust the idle when the car is warm and it does this near stall thing. :roll:

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”