Intake anyone???

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
heatherc

Intake anyone???

Post by heatherc »

Okay everybody...spill yer gutz....what intake do I want? Does the PRM have surround?<BR>I want to not have to spend too much but I want performance AND a good sound...<BR>thanx much,<P>Heather
-----------------------------------<BR>_/*\_ ¸.·¤**¤·.,¸,.·¤**¤·.<BR>\ M׳/¸.·¤**¤ müÇh LØVê †Ø M¥ m×鮊<BR>/.·*·.\¸.·¤**¤·.,¸,.·¤**¤<BR>-----------------------------------
maldo

Re: Intake anyone???

Post by maldo »

Sound is a sign of turbulence in the air stream, this does not promote the hp that you want. The PRM is much quiter than a normal cone filter but gives much better gains because of its design.
Sonicxtacy02

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

Personally i think the prm sounds great! It takes awhile to settle in though. It could be cause i have two V6 models though
Shaun Newman
SOLD 1994 Blaze Red GS/ SOLD 1994 Chaste White GS-R
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

the PRM sounds much better than a cone filter on the MAF, but I cant personally see any performance increase from it over the cone. I have used both, and the PRM doesnt give a noticeable difference in performance.
Maddbuck

Post by Maddbuck »

The PRM sounds great. Had one on my old RS and now it's on my GS. It sounds good on an RS and there is little performance increase over the stock intake. To get the most out of it you should feed it fresh fresh air. see some of the other websites on how to do this. :roll:
heattreated

Post by heattreated »

I got a 94 RS and I have a PRM intake. Its good sounding and I gut a hole for more frest air to get it and it impreoved the low end torque a great deal!
to all civics "want to race?"

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”