What's the BEST Ehaust?!?

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
CuBanLinX98

What's the BEST Ehaust?!?

Post by CuBanLinX98 »

I have a 1992 MX-3 with a 1.6L 4 Cyl. engine. I have tried to do a few performance upgrades (Bosch Platinum 4 spark plugs and a RACTIVE air filter) but nothing really special due to the fact that money is short. However, Christmas is coming up and I was affored an exhaust as a gift. So...here's my question. Whats the best exhaust for my money as far as performance?? And although I like noise, it really isnt an important factor. PLEASE HELP!! Thanks!!
monty73741
Forum Moderator

Re: What's the BEST Ehaust?!?

Post by monty73741 »

you can go with......pacesetter or ...custum itws about the same price<BR>jason
Jason Danaher
Please Help Support MX-3.com
MX-3.com Online Store - http://www.mx-3.com/osv3
CafePress - http://www.cafepress.com/mx3com
heattreated

Post by heattreated »

I got a dyno max and its pretty good... fits well and sounds nice not too loud for the neighbours but when you rev it its loud... good air flow. I also hear flowmaster making nice ones
to all civics "want to race?"
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

Hello,<BR> The mazdaspeed is like 600USD. You could take that money and get a custom exhaust and a header. Just my two cents... <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Optic0n:<BR><STRONG>get the cat-back system made by mazdaspeed. <A HREF="http://www.corksport.com" TARGET=_blank>www.corksport.com</A></STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S
azmtbkr81

Post by azmtbkr81 »

I reaserched this for my car and the best option is to buy a stainless steel muffler, like a Ractive or Weapon R (they are all pretty similar) online and then bring it to your local muffler shop and have them install it for you along with 2.5 in diameter piping from your cat back to the muffler, it will be higher quality than the Pacesetter and cheaper than the Mazda Speed plus you get to pick out whatever muffler/tip combo you think looks cool! The shop where I live quoted me about $150 for the labor and piping plus you figure about $150 or so for the muffler if you search around for a good deal, not a bad setup for $300.
'94 Blaze Red RS<P>I may not have a lot of horsepower but I know how to use it!

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”