Need a step by step 4 B6T swap W/4sohc

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
OsoSlo z28

Re: Need a step by step 4 B6T swap W/4sohc

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

getting the harness and ecu isn't a problem. i know how crazy a harness is to install, that's why i'm having my cousin't performance shop do the swap. i don't have the means to do it myself anyway. as far as the tranny goes, it isn't neccessary to swap out with another one, but you would probably want to. it's been done and holds up, but i don't know how much it can handle. i'm going with the 90-95 protege tranny. i found one at a junk yard for about 350. if finances go right, i'm getting the lightened flywheel. i don't know if i can find good axles at a junk yard so i might have to buy them new. mine are starting to go, i just hope they hold up until the swap. i just don't know much about the b6t. it's an impressive motor from what i've seen, but i'm a sucker for displacement. with not that much differnece in price, i'd rather get the bigger engine. yeah, that's true about hanging with civics. i forgot that honda's tq is pretty weak. another reason why i prefer the bpt is because it's a newer engine. which means it hasn't been sitting around as long.
Fast imports only come on two wheels.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
'02 Yamaha Warrior (1700cc)
'94 MX-3 RS-t (BPT)~ sold
cardomain pics
pakix2000

Post by pakix2000 »

So your saying that a stock 94 1.6l dohc rs tranny will fit the 1.8L bpt engine...????<P>sounds fishy!<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cre8v mx3:<BR><STRONG>getting the harness and ecu isn't a problem. i know how crazy a harness is to install, that's why i'm having my cousin't performance shop do the swap. i don't have the means to do it myself anyway. as far as the tranny goes, it isn't neccessary to swap out with another one, but you would probably want to. it's been done and holds up, but i don't know how much it can handle. i'm going with the 90-95 protege tranny. i found one at a junk yard for about 350. if finances go right, i'm getting the lightened flywheel. i don't know if i can find good axles at a junk yard so i might have to buy them new. mine are starting to go, i just hope they hold up until the swap. i just don't know much about the b6t. it's an impressive motor from what i've seen, but i'm a sucker for displacement. with not that much differnece in price, i'd rather get the bigger engine. yeah, that's true about hanging with civics. i forgot that honda's tq is pretty weak. another reason why i prefer the bpt is because it's a newer engine. which means it hasn't been sitting around as long.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
MX-TREME DREAM

Post by MX-TREME DREAM »

Thanks for all the info guys. I just landed a garage to start my MX-3 project car. I know its a lot of $$ and stuff, but its all about bragging rights up here in Maine. I'm sick of all the VW's and Honda's getting the attention up here. Due to a recent accident involving a hot chick hitting my 92'SOHC RS I think I'll have to do the cosmetics first, my bodyman said that when I paint it I can exchange the engines at the same time for a little extra cash for rental of his garage. As for any fabrication, I'm a machinist at one of New Englands most prominent machine shops, so I any kind of machine work I'll need done is no prob. Thanks again for the info. Hopefully I'll be bragging this Spring. Later.<P> Campbell mmmmmmgreat@webtv.net :p
CAMPBELL
Manach

Post by Manach »

Jeez guys... You gave me a push in the back to find more money, and a swap. BPT seems the way to go, and an engine is around 1100$ cdn in my region (Asked the junkyard guys a while back) and I'll need to change my axles.. ("essieux" in french?) they are due anyway...<P>I just want 200hp, without too much mods, and my engine seems to have runs quite a while (178 000 kms). An engine with around 70,000 kms is findable? (sp)<P>2000$ cdn for a swap, and little more power seems possible, right?
Manach
Ex Mx'er with a Mx-3 1993..

Still in the Mazda Familly with :
-Mazda Rx-7 1987 GXL (Not running, one housing does not compress)
-Mazda Protege MazdaSpeed 2003.5 Titanium!

Still got 3 Engines!
- B6-ZE : Turbo Festiva project (Waiting donor car)
- BP-DE : Trader for a B6-ZE 1994 for parts upgrade in the Festiva project
- K8 : For sell. Pm me for info!

Once you go turbo, you can never go back!

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”