turbo boost controller

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
bayoumx-3

turbo boost controller

Post by bayoumx-3 »

I putin 2 days of over time last week and finally sent off for my B6T and also bought a centerforce clutch. Now I'm thinking of buying an HKS boost controller. So, for those of you out there with turbos what extra's do you have for yours? Boost controler,turbo timer,etc. Does anybody recomend anyhting?
Live hard, drive fast, back down to no one.
OsoSlo z28

Re: turbo boost controller

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

apex boost controller(best closed loop system on the market) and fuel controller, and turbo timer.i've heard the apex itc is good for turbo applications as well. blitz bov. what fuel pump did you get or did keep your stock one?
Fast imports only come on two wheels.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
'02 Yamaha Warrior (1700cc)
'94 MX-3 RS-t (BPT)~ sold
cardomain pics
93mxrgs

Post by 93mxrgs »

YIKES, get rid of that centerforce, those counterwieghts like to fly through the housing costing you bucho dollars, i have an clutchmanter, but i would recomend either a cluthcmaster or an act, just my thoughts, although i dun know if they make them for your car (act)
Black-93 mx-3 Gs-R<BR>with goodies :) :)<BR>Hondas suck, and yes i race them...<BR>oops i mean no no i dont
boostedmx

Post by boostedmx »

A very good and cheap way to control boost is the turbo xs dual stage bc. switchable between two preset boost levels of your choosing. if you want to go for a little more expensive with more control, the hks evc ez 4 is a very user friendly bc that adjusts up to 2 bar(29.4 psi). also the centerforce clutch is fine in your application for up to about 280 hp.centerforce cluthes for the 4 cyl model mx3's dont have counterweights, our pressure plates are designed to small to accomodate them. dont know about the v6, but it is just a bunch of hype regarding the 4 cyl clutch.
DRAG SPEC MX3 BEING PARTED OUT.
BUY ALL MY STUFF OR DIE.lol, SERIOUSLY BUY MY STUFF. PLEEEASE
bayoumx-3

Post by bayoumx-3 »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR> <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><B>apex boost controller (best closed loop system on the market) and fuel controller, and turbo timer. I've heard the apex itc is good for turbo applications as well. blitz bov. What fuel pump did you get or did you use your stock one</B>.<P>I already have an apex itc and I have an rx-7 fuel pump. I have 2 1/2 inch piping all the way through no gutted cat or anything. But I think it didn't do any good I actualy think I lost hp. So I was just wandering if I should put the cat back on or will it give me better performance when I get my B6T in. Just wandering
OsoSlo z28

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

keep your 2.5in exhaust. you'll lost hp for now. but when you put in the new motor, you'll be fine.
Fast imports only come on two wheels.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
'02 Yamaha Warrior (1700cc)
'94 MX-3 RS-t (BPT)~ sold
cardomain pics
maldo

Post by maldo »

When your CF clutch wears out in a month go buy an ACT stage II or Clutchmasters stage 4. The centerforce is a very weak clutch for the b6t. And yes, you will be picking out the counter weights out of the bell housing, they are that bad. Unless you have a pile of money, don't go an buy the AVC-R until you have done some serious mods. Instead get a MBC like the one that RRE offers for $60. The majority of the GTX guys that rally use this type of system. Get the S-AFC or an adjustable FPR to control the larger injectors that you will have to use. You do know that you need the injectors and ecu from a matching year Protege LX, right? An HKS BOV or similar is an expensive upgrade considering the BOV has to be rerouted back into the intake tract for metering purposes. Bosch makes a very effective unit for about $60. Your 2.5" exhaust is the minimum you should use, I have 3" on my B6T, including the downpipe and no cat. Have you bought your FC3S MAF sensor yet? Gonna need one of those. Turbo timer is a good thing to have.<P> :D :D <P>hope this helps,
bayoumx-3

Post by bayoumx-3 »

what all exactly does corksport give you when you buy the B6T from them. The engine,turbo, intercooler what?<P>The write up they gave me doesn't say half the stuff you say I need. I hope it isn't as much stuff you are saying I still need to get.Or I'm gonna have to get another job just to get it running good before christmas.
renef

Post by renef »

You don't need any of that crap if you're running stock settings. Just plug that engine in and it should go.<P>BUT! The extra toys and gizmos are fun as hell.<P>Knock Sensor (if you have b6e ECU)<BR>Injectors<BR>RX-7 Fuel Pump<BR>Fuel Pressure Regulator<BR>Lighter underdrive pulley<BR>New or aftermarket clutch<BR>Intercooler<BR>larger exhaust piping<BR>modified ECU or chip<BR>APEX S-AFC and Boost controller<BR>or, manual boost control works great<BR>All of the gauges (oil, water, boost, tach)<P>This is all extra crap. You don't really need any of it.<P>I say go for broke. Sell off the wife and kids into slavery, sell the house and cash in your 401K.<P>Live in your car. <P>LIVE BOOSTED, OR DIE!<P>RF
White 1992 MX-3 RS Turbo<BR>"Live Boosted or Die!"
Shady469
Supporting Member

Post by Shady469 »

Maldo what MAF are you talking about? I'm gonna be doing this swap as well so i need to know. what model does it come off of? I'm getting 2 1/4" piping done this weekend, do u think that'll be big enough? I'm keeping the cat on for legality.
B6T powered MX-3 - sold
Stage 3ish 03 WRX - sold
03 S2000 - current/ for sale
pakix2000

Post by pakix2000 »

Under drive pulley BAD!<P>As far as boost controllers i really like the turbonetics cockpit adjustable boost controller, its like 50 bucks! You don't need the AVCR or any other expensvie gizmo

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”