HELP!!!!!!!!!

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
Froggie2003

Re: HELP!!!!!!!!!

Post by Froggie2003 »

Yeah... actually what I ment to say is you ware out your car faster... but mostly your little things like spark plugs and the wires... mostly the wires... I replace those a lot... thank you for correcting me. But yeah doing it once didn't hurt the car. I actually think it's really funny that they freaked out about that. But I understand they just probably didn't know. hehe!
shanerboy77

Post by shanerboy77 »

What the smell is unburnt gases from your tail pipe. What the cats job is to do is burn all the extra gases in the exaust. That is what the smell is so change the cat! If it was the clutch it would smell the same as brakes that are on when driving down the road. :D
S.B.77
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

Optimum shift range of 2-2500? That suuure seems a little low to me. Go out and shift your car at that rpm and see if you have any power at all.. <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cre8v mx3:<BR><STRONG>you are correct when you say that redline is the max safe rpm your engine can handle. but you are incorrect about redlining it all the time. when you redline, you are pushing your car to the max. the more you do this, the more you ware down your engine..not just your spark plugs. you are putting maximum strain on your internals. the optimum shift range is between 2000-2500.<P>[ October 19, 2001: Message edited by: cre8v mx3 ]</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S
mxcess

Post by mxcess »

On a four cylinder engine you don't reach peak horsepower until around 5K(a whole 88 ponies for a SOHC. Whooohooo! :D :roll:. Peak torque is around 2500 so I would imagine optimum shifting would be around 5500-6000 to keep the RPMs in the power range. I don't race mine, but this seems more reasonable than 2500. Hope this helps.

Post by Guest »

so where do u guys shift your gears (manual).<BR>is 3500 too high? cjthor with nitrous where do u shift in regular driving?<P>thanks

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”