No Go?

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
bslenderpeak

No Go?

Post by bslenderpeak »

Hi everybody, I have this '95 4cyl auto that doesn't want to accelerate. I start the car and it Idles but if I hit the gas any more than a centimeter it dies. Other postings on here made it sound like it was the Idle speed control valve. The timing belt went on it and I had it replaced, they mistimed the car so I did it again myself. Compresion is a perfect 150psi across the board. 'Car only has 50,000 miles. I've tested everything imaginable on the car including the WHOLE ECM! voltage and resistance was perfect. Please help? Are these possible bad distributor symptoms?<P> :mad:<P>[ October 10, 2001: Message edited by: ]<p>[ October 12, 2001: Message edited by: bslenderpeak ]
'95 Blue Creek Mica RS<BR>Vermont
OsoSlo z28

Re: No Go?

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

does it struggle during idle? based off what all you've checked, i can only think of a vaccuum problem. did you check all of your vac hoses?
Fast imports only come on two wheels.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
'02 Yamaha Warrior (1700cc)
'94 MX-3 RS-t (BPT)~ sold
cardomain pics
bslenderpeak

Post by bslenderpeak »

yeah, checked all vacuum hoses. I'm totally baffled and wouldn't wish this problem on any MX'ers(maybe on civic owners though) Thanks for the post...Dan<p>[ October 10, 2001: Message edited by: bslenderpeak ]
93mxrgs

Post by 93mxrgs »

itsa 4 cyl auto, need i say more, buu dum dum TSSSS heh heh jk
Black-93 mx-3 Gs-R<BR>with goodies :) :)<BR>Hondas suck, and yes i race them...<BR>oops i mean no no i dont
bslenderpeak

Post by bslenderpeak »

I replaced the distributor, and it fixed the car. The problem was the secondary coil and I found a junkyard distributor to get me by. The new coil is $400 I am wondering if anyone knows where there is possibly a perfomance replacement coil(might as well be performance if I have to spend that much)?

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”