B6T

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
bayoumx-3

B6T

Post by bayoumx-3 »

I found a 1.6L 4cyl engine and turbo on the internet that is out of a 323 that this guy is saling. The engine I was or am looking for Is the B6T. I asked him if the engine was the j-spec/B6T and he said he doesn't know.All tht hhe said he knows is that it is a 1.6L 4cyl engine/turbo out of a 323. Is it the same engine? Is there any way I can find out. If not can I do a swap with the engine for my sohc?<P>Any replies will be greatly appreciated!<BR>Thanx!
Live hard, drive fast, back down to no one.
OsoSlo z28

Re: B6T

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

if it's the factory motor, it's the b6t. you can swap it in your car. cork sport has the write up on everything needed.
Fast imports only come on two wheels.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
'02 Yamaha Warrior (1700cc)
'94 MX-3 RS-t (BPT)~ sold
cardomain pics
Manach

Post by Manach »

About CorkSport, can you write to them and tell "Huh, yeah, got that 323 engine, and I need directive to fit it in, can you send me it?" Will they send it just like that???<P>Bit Curious, found a 323 too 8)
Manach
Ex Mx'er with a Mx-3 1993..

Still in the Mazda Familly with :
-Mazda Rx-7 1987 GXL (Not running, one housing does not compress)
-Mazda Protege MazdaSpeed 2003.5 Titanium!

Still got 3 Engines!
- B6-ZE : Turbo Festiva project (Waiting donor car)
- BP-DE : Trader for a B6-ZE 1994 for parts upgrade in the Festiva project
- K8 : For sell. Pm me for info!

Once you go turbo, you can never go back!
OsoSlo z28

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

write them and say that your interested in a b6t swap but you don't know what all is needed. he'll send you a message something like "here's the write up on the b6t......"
"MR." Ashley Fowler
cardomain pics
maldo

Post by maldo »

The write up that Derrick has isn't complete at all. I just finished my B6T swap which lasted 6 months because it was incomplete. The swap is fairly simple if you have the tools. As far as which motor you have, j-spec or NA, if it is out of an American 323 it is and American B6T. If the motor is shipped from Japan, then it is j-spec. The only differences visually are usually a square intake manifold.
OsoSlo z28

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

hey maldo, how do you like the new motor? do you have dyno runs before and after? i'd like to see how that motor performs in the mx-3. i'm not going with that motor, but i'm curious none-the-less. anywho, congrats on the motor swap.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
cardomain pics
maldo

Post by maldo »

I will let you know as soon as it is running. I am waiting on injector insulators then she will start. I don't have access to a dyno but will be using a G-Tech.
OsoSlo z28

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

those g-techs can actually be off by up to half a second. so u'r time will be whatever +/- .5. but yeah, keep me posted on how it goes. why do you need injector insulators? didn't it come with the correct injectors in it?
"MR." Ashley Fowler
cardomain pics
maldo

Post by maldo »

They are actually much more accurate than that. Comparing it to my actual ets, the G-Tech was only .1 seconds off.
OsoSlo z28

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

that's cool. i was just basing it off of a guy i know who has one. he was actually about .4sec faster than what the g-tech said.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
cardomain pics
pakix2000

Post by pakix2000 »

Dealing with this problem myself. <BR>There are 2 differences between the j-spec and na spec motors. The j-spec motor has a larger 2piece intake manifold. The plenum is larger and rectagnle with the words turbo engraved on it.<P>If you remove the heat sheild you will also find out that the turbo is a vj-6!<P><BR> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by maldo:<BR><STRONG>The write up that Derrick has isn't complete at all. I just finished my B6T swap which lasted 6 months because it was incomplete. The swap is fairly simple if you have the tools. As far as which motor you have, j-spec or NA, if it is out of an American 323 it is and American B6T. If the motor is shipped from Japan, then it is j-spec. The only differences visually are usually a square intake manifold.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”