Engine Problem that needs YOUR help!!!

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
simo711

Engine Problem that needs YOUR help!!!

Post by simo711 »

Okay all.<P>I have a 1994 L4 engine. It's got 86,816 so on the mileage. I was driving back to school on a 4 hour drive and stopped halfway to check my baby out. I opened the hood, looked at the bolts or the screws with the number 6 on them and a little oil was really slowly leaking..and I mean there was a little. THis is new to me...what do I do? Tighten the bolts or what? And anything will help me, chris
93mxrgs

Re: Engine Problem that needs YOUR help!!!

Post by 93mxrgs »

were these bolts on the block itself.? cause if they were its more than likely just a bad gasket, get a manual and it'll prolly take u like 2 hours to change, maybe more maybe less
Black-93 mx-3 Gs-R<BR>with goodies :) :)<BR>Hondas suck, and yes i race them...<BR>oops i mean no no i dont
shanerboy77

Re: Engine Problem that needs YOUR help!!!

Post by shanerboy77 »

sounds like the valve cover is the part that is leaking the best thing for that is to replace the gasket.This will take you a hole 30 min or so to do. All you need is a 8mm socket to remove the cover. Than remove the gasket and clean the valve cover up good.place in the new gasket. Then slap it back on. But you should change the oil at the same time. Just in case some dirt got down in the head.
S.B.77

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”