clicking noise on the right front side of my car

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
1QuiCkSiLvErMx3

clicking noise on the right front side of my car

Post by 1QuiCkSiLvErMx3 »

i need help bad..... when i start driving from stop to like around 25 miles/hour i could hear this clicking noise and also when im slowing down to a complete stop i could hear it to, coming from the front right side of my car ... i dunno if its the shock or what... also my car is maximum drop to the ground is this probobly 1 of the reason... HELP ME any 1 got an answer?
kingofslackerz

Re: clicking noise on the right front side of my car

Post by kingofslackerz »

I think I'm getting the same thing, 95 RS...<P>But it's only when I'm turning kinda slow...like backing up and then pulling foward. I don't hear it when i'm going faste than..say..about 15mph......
95 White MX-3<BR>Brian<BR>No Mods, too Poor
RanMan

Post by RanMan »

Hey Kingofslackerz, <BR>Your noise is CV joints. Get them replaced soon before they do more damage than just the CV joints. I had mine replaced about a month ago for $204 (both sides including tax, parts, and labor).
Swego

Post by Swego »

I think I have the same problem. I hear clicking too but it stops when I brake. I just changed the front right bearing, I still hear the noise but it's not as strong. If you find out what it is, let me know.
Manach

Post by Manach »

Is it clicking, like hitting a piece of metal with the point of a Pen, or more like rubbing 2 pieces of metal together?<P>If rubbing, I had a prob with my brake. It was making an insane noise at 25 kph and below when slowing down. I first thought it was the break, but I wasn't wrong or right. There is a piece of metal, with the heat from your brake, can move or curve, and hit your disk. Paid over 300$ to learn, after changing the brake, calipers, disk... Hopefuly, the garage made me a credit for that.<P>Just make sure it ain't a piece of metal that can touch another part which isn't suppose to. ;)
Manach
Ex Mx'er with a Mx-3 1993..

Still in the Mazda Familly with :
-Mazda Rx-7 1987 GXL (Not running, one housing does not compress)
-Mazda Protege MazdaSpeed 2003.5 Titanium!

Still got 3 Engines!
- B6-ZE : Turbo Festiva project (Waiting donor car)
- BP-DE : Trader for a B6-ZE 1994 for parts upgrade in the Festiva project
- K8 : For sell. Pm me for info!

Once you go turbo, you can never go back!
metalik

Post by metalik »

Manach<P>i'm having the same problem with my front brakes right now, only to discover that to fix the problem, i only had to replace the main sleeves on the break caliber
Ryan the tattoo artist<BR>1992 MX-3RS
renef

Post by renef »

Clicking sound is usually a busted CV joint.<P>either get the boot fixed, or, like I do, get the whole shaft replaced. Damage is imminent so get it fixed ASAP.<P>While the mechanic is down there, make sure he checks everything to make sure that no damage is done.<P>Mazda's are known for this kind of problem<P>RF
White 1992 MX-3 RS Turbo<BR>"Live Boosted or Die!"
Froggie2003

Post by Froggie2003 »

I have a 1995 mx-3, my car does it too. If you have stock hub caps (wheel covers) they are just making noise. It sounds like clicking, and you can hear it very well when your next to a wall or another car. Try evening out the air in the tires... that helped mine. the stock wheel covers are so cheap... they are almost cracking because of the weight. I got new rims... and it's gome now. But a way to kinda tell... push on the edge of the wheel cover and if it makes a crack sound... that's what it is. it will make that sound once for every time your tired goes around. Just get rims! Stock wheel covers are cheap. :p

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”