Seat belts

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions

Seat belts

Post by Guest »

On my car the seat belt light lites up when you start the car but then goes off. It does not come on when I take my belt off. Is it the Belt holder thats bolted to the seat?<BR> Im just trying to get Everything working on my car.
Raivynn

Re: Seat belts

Post by Raivynn »

Well, a possibility is that it isn't wired to come on during operation if you don't have your belt on. Mine doesn't do it. <BR>I'll check the mail at my house and go up the driveway without my seatbelt on, and my belt light doesn't show up.<BR>Just a note.<P>------------------<BR>Zoom Zoom Zoom
RanMan

Post by RanMan »

Hey man, I was under the impression that most cars are that way. They buzz at you until you fasten your belt (only when you first start the car). I don't think mine buzzes when you unhook it either. I have never had a car that did.
heatherc

Post by heatherc »

some newer cars do have an annoying alarm when ya take off your seatbelt while driving....but my mx does not have that either.....<BR>heather
-----------------------------------<BR>_/*\_ ¸.·¤**¤·.,¸,.·¤**¤·.<BR>\ M׳/¸.·¤**¤ müÇh LØVê †Ø M¥ m×鮊<BR>/.·*·.\¸.·¤**¤·.,¸,.·¤**¤<BR>-----------------------------------
Alt-Tab

Post by Alt-Tab »

I don't think mine does it either. You might check the shoulder belt, see if your light comes on when you take that belt off. (I believe it should.)
Taylor<P>1995 Chevy C1500 Dark Blue<BR>* 305 (5.0L V8)<BR>* Hypertech Performance chip<BR>* Dynomax dual exhaust<P>SOLD: 1995 Dodge Dakota Sport - Flame Red<BR>* 3.9L V6 - 175 hp<BR>* Flowmaster dual exhaust<P>I Miss my MX-3:<BR>1992 MX-3 GS Blaze Red

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”