want the affect of an intake?

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
JahOutkast

Re: want the affect of an intake?

Post by JahOutkast »

Yeah... I'm sure you smoked a '97 eclipse.
jojo2k23

Post by jojo2k23 »

I did why would I lie,they come with 4cyl too.
Swego

Post by Swego »

I removed my air duct lately too. I noticed a small increase in power. My engine kind of topped at 5000rpm in second gear: It probably did'nt have enough air because now it keeps accelarating to 6500. I'm wondering if I should put the air duct back in place for the winter: I heard I might have problems in cold weather?<BR>
Coolzombi

Post by Coolzombi »

if outside its -30 celsius and you drive at 70mph the air get in at -50 may be !<BR>..too cold is not good for many cars but not all,...but d'ont ever run without a air filter guys !<BR> Image<P>------------------<BR>1996 GS sparkle green (Daniel Ouellet in owner registry)
Friends don't let friends drive stock.
93mxrgs

Post by 93mxrgs »

in response to u modifying ur air box like this, i did the same thing when i first got my car, the only differnce it does is make ur car a lil louder, and it doesnt matter its still not sucking cool air, u ARE LOSING HORSE POWER. take off that WHOLE box, gey a peice of rubber tubing to put on the end of ur MAF, then stick a cone filter on it, thats what the basics of a PRM are it werks a lot better, but to get the full effect make a semi ram air get a piece of duct to bring fresh air into it. just my 2 cents LATER
Black-93 mx-3 Gs-R<BR>with goodies :) :)<BR>Hondas suck, and yes i race them...<BR>oops i mean no no i dont
jojo2k23

Post by jojo2k23 »

I replaced it with a cone and intake that are being sold at autozone for $60.00.the work pretty good.
pills_PMD

Post by pills_PMD »

i just sold my 1.6L SOHC... there is no chance in hell that that car with a stock 10.3 sec. 0-60 could have come close to smoking even the slowest eclipse...
<A HREF="http://www.hondaswap.com" TARGET=_blank>hondaswap.com</A>

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”