DASHBOARD LIGHTS OUT

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
mxcess

Re: DASHBOARD LIGHTS OUT

Post by mxcess »

I'm not trying to be a wise a--, but you might make sure your instrument dimmer control isn't turned down then if that isn't it, get a cheap 12V tester and make sure you are getting power to the fuse in the fusebox. If not then it will be a short before the box. If it is getting power then it will be a short after the box. I would suggest getting a wire diagram to help you track down where the short is. It could be just a loose wire coming off of the light switch that controls the interior lights. I know it's not much help, but I am as stumped as you are. Good luck.
Spinkzer

Post by Spinkzer »

Check your dimmer and Illumation wire connections to the stereo unit. If they are switched or even incorrect it can cause your lights to lose their 12 volt connection and you could possibly even lose your tail lights. I know this for a fact as i was once an amature too.
MonstaMX3

Post by MonstaMX3 »

Hey whats up man i dont know if you still need help but i registered just so i could help you out on this one. I had the exact same problem with my car after i installed my stereo. All it is is one of your stereo wires touching the metal brackets in your console that your stereo fits in. It blows out your tail light fuse so you dont have any tail lights either. You do have brake lights though! so just fix all the wires and replace the tail light fuse and you should be set. good luck man<BR>peace out
vroom vroom.... errr. ~tail-lights~ ahhh i lost again, atleast my car looks good! :)

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”