mod to my 4-cyl. mx-3.HELP!

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
xeffex

Re: mod to my 4-cyl. mx-3.HELP!

Post by xeffex »

With a big enough checkbook, you can do anything... but for the budget minded, start out at corksport.com They have the greatest collection of MX-3 performance parts I've been able to find. Start out with a new cold air induction system from PRM. That seems to be the most bang for the buck. After that, exhaust and underdrive pulley seem to be popular. Pacesetter is the only company that makes a catback system for less than $500... but I hear the sound isn't very deep. So I personally went with a universal muffler with a custom 2.5 inch pipe (versus the 2.0 stock pipe). Anyhow, thats a good start. If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask. There are a lot of cool people on this list that know a lot about MX-3's!! Good luck to ya.<P>
Jordan<BR>1994 White RS
hotsiit
Supporting Member

Post by hotsiit »

hey, another easy mod to do is to get the front and rear strut tower bars from corksport, there like 60 bucks i think. helped the handeling alot. have fun<P>chris 93RS
Chris--It's HOTNESS, you wouldn't understand! -- Donate to MX-3.com--It'll make you feel good!
http://www.cardomain.com/id/colonelsmx3
1993 Mazda MX-3 RS-Turbo
1993 Mazda RX-7 touring
1983 Mazda RX-7 GSL
1995 Subaru Impreza L AWD Sedan
1987 Jeep Comanche
93mx3

Post by 93mx3 »

Unorthadox Racing makes the pulleys for both SOHC and DOHC I talked to Dave and they have two different ones. <BR>Jim<BR>93 Clear White
hotsiit
Supporting Member

Post by hotsiit »

hey, the unorthodox underdrive pulleys, do they actually produce the results that are claimed on their website. I have the SOHC 4cyl and if these pulleys work then i might get one. anyone with a SOHC have this on there car? do they work?<P>thanks in advance,<P>chris 93RS
Chris--It's HOTNESS, you wouldn't understand! -- Donate to MX-3.com--It'll make you feel good!
http://www.cardomain.com/id/colonelsmx3
1993 Mazda MX-3 RS-Turbo
1993 Mazda RX-7 touring
1983 Mazda RX-7 GSL
1995 Subaru Impreza L AWD Sedan
1987 Jeep Comanche
renef

Post by renef »

I have a '92 MX3 RS with an Unorthodox Racing Underdrive pulley.<P>I've had it on for two years and no problems whatsover.<P>As far as performance goes, you won't notice any improvement unless you add cams and some sort of power adder like Turbo or NOS.<P>RF<BR> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jhicok361:<BR><B>the underdrive pulley is for the dohc though which comes on the 94 and newer 4cyl. it will not work on the sohc that is in the 93 (or so i was told by a guy a corksport) Image if anyone knows any differently please let me know<P></B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>
White 1992 MX-3 RS Turbo<BR>"Live Boosted or Die!"
jamario

Post by jamario »

Where can I can some cams custon made for my car?
IF LIFE DOESN'T OFFER A GAME WORTH PLAYING, THEN INVENT ONE.

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”