Acceleration problem

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
Lil Ruby

Acceleration problem

Post by Lil Ruby »

After having some serious brake work done, I noticed my car has lost its "Pick up N Go". There is a slight hesitation for a couple of seconds, then it takes off. Any theories on what is the problem and how to correct it. <BR>
Jesse

Re: Acceleration problem

Post by Jesse »

could be that your brakes were overtightened. Happened to mine, just have the guys put some slack back in. Does the hand brake engage in only 1 or 2 clicks?
Lil Ruby

Post by Lil Ruby »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jesse:<BR><B>could be that your brakes were overtightened. Happened to mine, just have the guys put some slack back in. Does the hand brake engage in only 1 or 2 clicks?</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>The hand brake engages in 2 clicks
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

Hola!<P> Hey check the vaccuum hose that goes to the power brake booster. Maybe they cracked the elbow causing a leak. You would lose power...So good luck.<P> Jarid Perry<BR> 94 Blaze Red RS<BR> 14.62@99.4<BR> <BR>
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S
Jesse

Post by Jesse »

Check the on line service manual for the specs for the parking brake, it says 5-7 clicks for the proper adjustment. It also gives you the directions of how to adjust it if you want to try it yourself.
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

I have a 95 1.6L DOHC, and I have no governor on mine.<P><P>------------------<BR>Barry Clark<BR><I><B>Moderator</B></I><BR>1995 Mazda Mx-3 RS<BR>Chaste White<BR><A HREF="http://www.barrykclark.com" TARGET=_blank>barrykclark.com</A> <BR> barrykclark@hotmail.com

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”