K&N Filter

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
JahOutkast

K&N Filter

Post by JahOutkast »

Maybe this is a stupid question, but I don't have a lot of automotive knowledge at this point (but I'm trying to learn). I have a '93 MX-3 (4-cyl version), and I've been reading alot about intakes and air filters, and how you get a HP boost if you use a K&N filter. Can I just drop in such a filter, or would I need to build an intake system? I don't know if I'm ready to do a custom intake yet, but hey maybe it's a good first project.
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: K&N Filter

Post by Custommx3 »

I put a standard cone on mine. I need to change it with some pipping, but I noticed a litttle bit more power. The best bet is to buy an intake. the PRM is a lil pricey but well worth it. everyone tht has one will tell you. <BR><P>------------------<BR>Barry Clark<BR><I><B>Moderator</B></I><BR>1995 Mazda Mx-3 RS<BR>Chaste White<BR><A HREF="http://www.barrykclark.com" TARGET=_blank>barrykclark.com</A> <BR> custommx3@usa.net
JahOutkast

Post by JahOutkast »

Will the PRM fit on an RS? On the PRM website they only list one for the GS, but I don't know if that makes any difference. Do you think it would be worth putting on an RS anyway? I want to do what I can to boost my HP--it's not like I'm going to race it or anything--but just for everyday driving it is so sluggish (my gosh, especially when the AC is on).
xeffex

Post by xeffex »

Yeah, that AC is a killer! : ) And yes, their is a PRM intake for the 4-cyln. It is available at Corksport.com for $179. Pricy, but from what I hear, there isn't a better buy for the buck. I plan on investing in one soon. <P><BR>
Jordan<BR>1994 White RS

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”