MrMazda92's '92 GS - New daily

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
bbunkerc397
antispam: No

Re: MrMazda92's '92 GS - Ran under her own power, at last.

Post by bbunkerc397 »

Sweet dirt jump, i have a few sweet bikes myself.
1996 MX-3 KL-ZE with Eunos 800 IM, factory side skirts,. "Owner since 2001 my 14th year"
1992 929s 20B-REW Lowered, 17" chrome Millenia rims, custom black interior. "13th Owner 9th year"
2006 Chevy HHR LT "Bought Brand New - East Side Chevy" Sold to my Dad
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

I scored a set of KLG4 coilpack wires for a great price online, so I will no longer have the intermittent spark issues caused by the modified stock wires.

The wire harness and ECU are on their way to Scott for the "QuadSpark" ignition module install and final testing with his car.

TunerStudio full version made tuning far more user friendly, and I have a tune worked out that should have it running smoothly with my setup. All that remains are final touches on the exhaust, re-installing the ECU/harness, and then it's dyno tuning time. :welder:

It's nice being able to take my time, now that I have a reliable daily driver.
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

Scott has my harness, as well as the Quadspark module that I purchased from DIYautotune.

As this car nears completion, I have begun to really tear into my wife's MX-3 for the first time. Stripped the carpet out completely, soaked it in carpet cleaner, power-washed it thoroughly, and brought it back to about 90% condition.

The car has it's mechanical glitches, but runs pretty strong considering how hard it was driven by the previous owner(s). I'm getting ready to lift the front bumper and upgrade the mounts to hold it in place, pop out a few dents, and then try my hand at a "real" paintjob for the first time.
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

Bummer... I'm going to be away from home until the middle of 2016, so my car will lay unfinished until I return. :(

At least I'll have all of the pieces ready to go together when I get back.
WhiteFinish

Post by WhiteFinish »

Bring the car
Just another Mx3 freak :)

Feedback topic: Click

Worklog
Worklog click
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

I wish; I have 13 months of training for the Army before I will be home.

I may have the option to buy a car during AIT, but wrenching on the weekends wouldn't fly. If I can get her running before I leave, at least she'll see some use while I am gone.
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

Update:

The car is in storage until I return home, but I have made some progress with my tuning issues in the meantime. Getting the car running shouldn't be a hassle when I get back home, but that's a ways off.
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

So, I finally ended my yearlong search for a new daily driver.

I've been keeping an eye out for a 2011-2014 Challenger R/T for as long as I can remember, and I set out with several goals in mind:
1. 6 Speed, for obvious reason
2. Leather - again, obvious
3. No moonroof
4. White paint
5. Still under factory warranty coverage

I finally found a car that was too close to the ideal to ignore... I hit 4 out of 5 criteria, and conceded the 5th because she was priced just right.

This is Lucy:

I will be returning home in the middle of October, and am trying to sort out the tuning/electrical issue causing the spark failure in my MX-3 in the meantime.
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Re: MrMazda92's '92 GS - New daily

Post by MrMazda92 »

She lives again.

After sorting out some electrical gremlins with my custom harness and MegaSquirt, she finally idles smoothly.

Now I'm soldering up some 4 AWG ground wires and replacing the alternator/starter wire while I'm at it. I still need to weld the Borla into place and replace a bent camber plate, but she's good to drive apart from those trifles.

It'll be interesting driving her again after so long.
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

I've been away for quite a while, it looks like the forum is pretty much dead...

I revived my MX-3, threw her together, and got her back on the road just in time to tow her to Wyoming. As it turns out, Midwest winters aren't too kind for RWD Muscle cars - big surprise - so I picked up a winter daily.

Rising gas prices did me a favor - I picked up my Suburban for 40% below book, not counting the blower/headers and lift kit. After the cam, shocks/struts, and a few other upgrades - I snagged a ridiculously overpowered kid hauler for less than 15 grand.
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
WhiteFinish

Post by WhiteFinish »

Still like to read your worklog items... indeed it's very silent here.
Just another Mx3 freak :)

Feedback topic: Click

Worklog
Worklog click
projectB10
Supporting Member

Post by projectB10 »

Indeed

Me too!!

Very quiet here which is sad,
Eunos Presso HI-XS, KLZE, KL47 IM+TB, MX6 LSD box OEM front s/bar, Outlaw IM+TB thermalbloks, lightened K801 fly, XTD Stage 3 clutch & cover balanced to f/wheel, mbolin tranny saver , short shifter, SRD shifter bushings- H&R Springs and Koni inserts, MSpeed engine mounts, SS brake and clutch lines, PRM CAI, Whiteline rear strut and swaybar, 7x17 Konig/Maxxim Fourteen rims, and stuff.

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”