Spark issues.

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
TrevorTheGallant
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Spark issues.

Post by TrevorTheGallant »

Hey guys I was wondering if some of you might be able to help out.. I have a 96 mazda mx-3 with a Klze engine. My car stalled out while driving, towed home, then looked at it.

Not getting any spark from any plugs..
I've done the primary resistance check between two terminals on the plugs, checks out
Secondary test is between coil high tension terminal and a lead on the plug. I know the high tension terminal is just another name for a spark plug, but where do I place my lead from my meter.
mazdaspeed23
antispam: No

Re: Spark issues.

Post by mazdaspeed23 »

Primary Coil Winding,Unplug 3-pin connector from distributor. Use an ohm meter and measure primary winding resistance on the pins in the 3 pin. if your looking at the connector the pins you need to test is the one on the right side and the one in the middle. the Resistance should be 0.49 - 0.73 Ohms @ 20°C (68°F). If it's not within specification, replace distributor assembly, If it is test the Secondary Coil Winding, Remove distributor cap test the pin closes to the ground on the 3 pin and the coil. the Resistance should be 20 - 31 K Ohms @ 20°C (68°F). If that checks through but your still not getting spark from the Distributor then it's the distributor condenser. Not sure if you can change that out on the one you have if not then need a new Disty.

Hope this helps.
Own
1994 MX-3 GS swapped ZE
1994 MX-3 GS Swapped ZE (Gone)
1996 Dodge Dakota Sport v8 Magnum
2007 Ford Fusion SE

WORK LOG: http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=81232

My MX-3 is nothing without me, and i am nothing without my MX-3

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”