Where did everybody go??

Off-Topic Discussions
WhiteFinish

Where did everybody go??

Post by WhiteFinish »

Why is there a run on facebook posts and so calm over here.

Such a great place to meet ^^
Just another Mx3 freak :)

Feedback topic: Click

Worklog
Worklog click
kulluminati777
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: Where did everybody go??

Post by kulluminati777 »

Oh man I hate the FB page. I think some People are to lazy to get off there smart phones and post pics to a host site. I kinda wish you could post pics directly to this site. Or its just that this site is hard to view on there smart phones or type up some stuff.
View my worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77688
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

I don't get the attention I crave over here. I need attention. Good attention, bad attention. It doesn't matter. It just needs to be attention.
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
Savin

Post by Savin »

I miss the good old days of spending hours on this site everyday reading new posts/threads/worklogs. So many people post new pictures left and right on the facebook page, but refuse to update their worklogs. This saddens me greatly. And you can only go back so far looking at old worklogs because people let their photo links die and they're no longer viewable. Worklogs suck without pretty pictures!
'95 MX-3 RS - Project "Déjà Vu" Destined for the scrapyard.
'93 MX-3 GS - SOLD!
'93 MX-3 GS SE - Parts car!
'94 MX-3 GS - Scrapped
'94 MX-3 RS - Scrapped
'96 Sunfire SE - Scrapped
'03 Sunfire SE - Deathtrap
'95 Cavalier Base - Scrapped
'94 Thunderbird LX - Collects dust
'89 Mustang GT - SOLD!
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

I miss the comradery that seemed to wain over the last year or so. I guess we all have to take responsibility, well everyone except Mark. :D And yes Savin to lots of pictures. :mrgreen:
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
bogaut
antispam: No

Post by bogaut »

facebook is better in almost every way, except for archival purposes
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

bogaut wrote:facebook is better in almost every way, except for archival purposes
You just joined this forum, you have no history here to speak of but you feel qualified to offer your negative generalized opinion. Here your a member on Facebook your the product. They package you and market you, yep Facebook is soooo good. Maybe if you were more specific your comment might have a little more merit.
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

Yeah bo... you noob.
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
WhiteFinish

Post by WhiteFinish »

So.. everybody agrees

Let's update those worklogs !!!
Just another Mx3 freak :)

Feedback topic: Click

Worklog
Worklog click
weede_klze

Post by weede_klze »

i updated few times and nobody responds :( is so many KL-ZE Supercharged ;) f--- it :D
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

weede_klze wrote:i updated few times and nobody responds :( is so many KL-ZE Supercharged ;) f--- it :D
Ya I can see where that would take a little of the wind from your sails so to speak. Part of what got me stoked was posting my work and having people comment/encourage me. I admit I haven't taken an interest in peoples worklogs in a long time. I suggest you post links to your worklog on Facebook.
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
7477th member.

crazycanadian

Post by crazycanadian »

I lost the wind to keep mine updated.. Not many people around pushing things into new territories anymore..
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

For me it just got to the point where all of my drivetrain related questions and answers were with the BG crowd and it was most of them giving me help and advice anyway so there wasn't much point of keeping a worklog here.

I also don't know a ton about the v6 stuff so I tend to not respond to any of those posts. All that really remains are the four worklogs that still get updated, the three for sale threads that still get bumped and a handful of WTB posts.

I think I've sold one part on this forum in the last two years and probably bought two or three while I've sold and bought well over 20 parts on the facebook group just this year alone.

I go to clubprotege for everything except for very specific MX3 information, most of which guys like Josh can tell me from memory any way.

There isn't much going on as far pioneering new developments for these cars, most of the older guys have moved on and half of the new guys make three posts and disappear.

I agree with Bo, other then information being archived here the Facebook group is better. This forum isn't what it used to be and it's going to continue to spiral downward while more and more of these cars are taken off of the road. Yeah I can appreciate the effort to keep this thing alive but it's not much more then an archive now. Lots of info here that can be searched but this forum is just so much less user friendly and dead then Facebook that it's a no brainer to post over there.
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
bogaut
antispam: No

Post by bogaut »

joining this forum 5 years ago means i just joined?? :lol:
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

Your post count only 101 after 5 years seemed a little lean? However when I searched I found your posts to be poignant, informative and helpful with just the right amount of d--- head comments. :wink: Facebook has it's place no doubt but weather or not it will maintain longevity like this and other sites like it have has yet to be seen.
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
7477th member.

Return to “Off-Topic”