[WTB] - 7 Post Distributor Cap

Looking for an Item you'd like to buy? Post here.
This section is NOT for selling.
RogueWolf

Re: [WTB] - 7 Post Distributor Cap

Post by RogueWolf »

Yes, but I use an external coil out of a mustang and am using an MSD Ignition module... So I'm not sure if the disty without coil plays well with the original computer or not. I run the wire that would usually fire the disty's ignition to the external coil and then set up the MSD which takes over for the rotor.
Sleeper6
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Sleeper6 »

RogueWolf wrote:I grabbed one off of the UK Ebay. Fit perfectly. It's an OEM, HEI mod.

The cap is still being produced by Mazda, I only now found out that I could have ordered it directly from my local Mazda Dealership... because it's not for a North American car they will not accept returns on the part if it doesn't work. (At least my local dealership will. :) )
How much is it through your dealership, I tried at work and no-go state side to order one in :(
92 GS gold (driver) worklog> http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=73405" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
93 GS red (wrecked)
:D I modify my ride so I can drive around the stupid people :D
Sleeper6
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Sleeper6 »

RogueWolf wrote:I grabbed one off of the UK Ebay. Fit perfectly. It's an OEM, HEI mod.

The cap is still being produced by Mazda, I only now found out that I could have ordered it directly from my local Mazda Dealership... because it's not for a North American car they will not accept returns on the part if it doesn't work. (At least my local dealership will. :) )
Just some info for anyone else out there, I picked one up and it will not fit a DE disty even with the coil removed, bolt holes on the caps are in different positions.
92 GS gold (driver) worklog> http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=73405" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
93 GS red (wrecked)
:D I modify my ride so I can drive around the stupid people :D

Return to “MX-3 Related Want to Buy Forum”