Obd2-obd1 swap with ze issues

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
BornSticky

Obd2-obd1 swap with ze issues

Post by BornSticky »

Ok so I have a 96 mx-3 gs pulled the dead motor and put in my klze which was originally in my 92 mx. I used the engine harness from the 92 and probinator ecu. Engine starts idles ok but once warms up the idle gets a bit rough. Give it gass with clutch pushed in revs fine but when clutch engaged I can have it floored fully and will stall and hesitate check timing and it jumps around a little bit also my speedo isn't working. I've tried looking for more info and on probe talk it says I have to replace some of the wiring under the dash but I'm not 100% sure which ones and if I even actually need to do this with my mx. Any info would help a lot. Thanks
92 Mazda MX-3 KL-ZE Curve Neck, Probinator ECU, Full 2.5" exhaust with headers, cai, performance radiator, millenia alternator, 5spd, excedy stage 2 clutch, MTX 12" sub sony explod D series 600w amp, pioneer 260w deck, kyb on dropzone springs, HEI mod.
92 Mazda RX-7 (efini) FD3S urethane motor mount, Air intake, 18" Chrome rims besides that stock. SOLD!
93 Mazda MX-3 GS laguna blue full exhaust, cai, kyb shocks R.I.P. stupid jeep driver!
#5389 to join MX-3.com
Daninski
Supporting Member

Re: Obd2-obd1 swap with ze issues

Post by Daninski »

I have only 1 question, why didn't you use the OBD2 harness/ecu? Have you set the TPS yet? If not start by checking that.
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
BornSticky

Post by BornSticky »

I thought it was more of a pain in the a-- trying to weld in extra o2 sensors and had the old harness and ecu
92 Mazda MX-3 KL-ZE Curve Neck, Probinator ECU, Full 2.5" exhaust with headers, cai, performance radiator, millenia alternator, 5spd, excedy stage 2 clutch, MTX 12" sub sony explod D series 600w amp, pioneer 260w deck, kyb on dropzone springs, HEI mod.
92 Mazda RX-7 (efini) FD3S urethane motor mount, Air intake, 18" Chrome rims besides that stock. SOLD!
93 Mazda MX-3 GS laguna blue full exhaust, cai, kyb shocks R.I.P. stupid jeep driver!
#5389 to join MX-3.com
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

Actually those are O2 sensor monitors and you could of left them unplugged and you would not of thrown a code, the system would still go into closed loop.
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”