Can I Fix This¿?¿?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
posey92
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Can I Fix This¿?¿?

Post by posey92 »

Imageo this is my broken fpr solenoid. Its paired with another thing like it on top of intake. Vaccum line from fpr to this to the one next to it then else where...I throw the code for it ones I hit highway. I now have an emergency 4hr trip to make and because of this im burning gas quick. So is there anyway to fix this like tap wires into the one next to it bypass it vaccum wise. There was none at the yard and money I have goes to gas and the emergency. Any help asap os greatly appreciated as I pull put tonight no later then midnight.
Sleeper6

Re: Can I Fix This¿?¿?

Post by Sleeper6 »

http://mx-3.com/manuals/showimg.php?fil ... F2-007.gif

its one of the vacuum solenoids for your egr, your car will run fine without it but yes you will loose about 3-5mpg. In the meantime drive passively and you should be able to make up a good part of the difference in your driving style until you can locate a spare.

Try messaging Caleb on here, he has 2 spare v6 cars that should have one
92 GS gold (driver) worklog> http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=73405" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
93 GS red (wrecked)
:D I modify my ride so I can drive around the stupid people :D
posey92

Post by posey92 »

Yup that sux I was hopin itd be something I can fix before I leave in a few hrs...moderate driving is kinda not an option since ima be goin thru the mts..but ill figure it out when I get bak.
RX8SE3P

Post by RX8SE3P »

Removing EGR reduces MPG??

If you removed all of it and capped off the vacuum hoses it should still run fine.
1995 Eunos 30x KLZE
Worklog
Sleeper6

Post by Sleeper6 »

RX8SE3P wrote:Removing EGR reduces MPG??

If you removed all of it and capped off the vacuum hoses it should still run fine.
Yes it will still run fine as mine does, but yes you will hurt your total MPG running without one:

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/fuel-effi ... ation2.htm
92 GS gold (driver) worklog> http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=73405" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
93 GS red (wrecked)
:D I modify my ride so I can drive around the stupid people :D
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

Just make sure the EGR is closed and you'll be fine. If you need to pass an E test chances are without the egr working you'll probably fail as the ERG allows for a more complete HC burn.
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
posey92

Post by posey92 »

Yea u have a Classic Rod Registrantion no smog required.
posey92

Post by posey92 »

::UPDATE:: So I found one but it was broken too...mine were bolted directly on top of the manifold so I assumed all the others at the yard were gone...but I didnt know it was located out of site behind the TB so all check engine codes shpuld be alleviated by tomorrow but hell I cant comeplain I got the car for 250 bux couple months ago and have put 12K+ miles on it since...

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”