No Emissions Required

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
posey92
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

No Emissions Required

Post by posey92 »

So here in Nevada you can register any car 20+yrs old as a classic rod. No emissions needed. So figured id take advantage of that. So ill be removing the cat sometime soon. I also heard it mentioned that fdmoving the egr freez up some horses. Is that true...if so wheres this thing at and what should I fill it sith...I was thinking of using scrap metal of anysort and just doing a block off platw and bolt it bak on. Just incase.
zerialz

Re: No Emissions Required

Post by zerialz »

block off plate people on probetalk have sold them.. I'm goin to stop spending money on emissions.
RX8SE3P

Post by RX8SE3P »

Yeah you can buy a block off plate or cut something out and stick it over if you want. I think I bought one online for $5 though :lol: Deleting the EGR will simply free up a tiny tiny bit of power but also will free up more space in the engine bay and reduce the amount of vacuum lines running around!

Definitely get rid of the cat if you don't need it legally. You will make more power for sure.
1995 Eunos 30x KLZE
Worklog
posey92

Post by posey92 »

Yup zerialz...not sure how it works if u have a pass smog but I know if you have a failed you have to wait 90 days for it to clear out of the dmv system before you can register it as a classic
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

I wish california would do the 20 year thing. For use its 1975 and after all have to get emission testing. Very stupid f*ck the environment :lol: :lol:
View my worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77688

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”