Window master switch.

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
zerialz
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Window master switch.

Post by zerialz »

The age has killed the switch on the master for power windows. The passenger side switch snapped its brittle plastic off on the master and the passenger side controls don't work. Not too critical since I live in Vegas and don't expect rain for like the next year but, I'm wondering is there a way to roll the window up without switch itself until I replace it/them? grounding wires or something?
Daninski
Supporting Member

Re: Window master switch.

Post by Daninski »

What year is your car. There are two master switches and they are different when it comes to controlling the passenger side window.
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
zerialz

Post by zerialz »

Good info there. It's a 92 GS
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

I just posted in a recent thread a link that shows the differences and how you can mod the switches. Suggest you Search.
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
zerialz

Post by zerialz »

I looked at those threads which indicate how to wire the 95 switch to the 92 harness and soldering the 12V feed to the board to fill the vacant pin slot. That will be useful when I replace the switch with whatever year mx-3 I can find at the junkyard but, that's not where I'm at right now. First off I don't have a soldering gun. I need to close the window without a switch. Currently it's in the full down position and the switch itself is completely broken off. I don't what to pull the switch off and start prodding at things I don't fully understand :(
zerialz

Post by zerialz »

I got it.. I stuck a paper clip between the plastic tab in the back of the switch and pried upwards and the window went up.
posey92

Post by posey92 »

I also suggested just getting a couple 12v switches from the part store as a temp. Its better then not being able to roll the windows down with Vegas starting to warm up already.
zerialz

Post by zerialz »

yeah I can roll them up and down which is okay for right now.. I'm just gonna wait for the switches to pop up at the jy.. Maybe I'll go check the one in henderson.
posey92

Post by posey92 »

No mx3s there been there a few times...but when they get one one of my guys will give me a call and ill pass the word on
zerialz

Post by zerialz »

I'm not very good with electrical shtuff. Besides that, I'd like to keep everything stock looking. Since I know the switches are what's broke, I'll just need to be patient for a mx-3 to pop up at the yard or a cheap 92 switch to show up on ebay or something.

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”