1993 mx3 gs 5 speed no 2nd 4th and rev

A forum for discussions regarding the MX-3' transmission. Swap, technical, and troubleshooting info should be placed here.
Sleeper6
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: 1993 mx3 gs 5 speed no 2nd 4th and rev

Post by Sleeper6 »

SuperK wrote:Chartin, the probe, 626 and mx6 transmission works with almost no modification.
The only thing you will be changing will be rearranging the big studs to line up with the mx-3 transmission mount.
the 98+ 626 transmissions some say are built a little better.

Unless you'd like an mx-3 transmission. I have a spare GS trans, but might be a little too far for you to travel.
+1, I just thought a stud backed out when they took it out. Thanks for the clarification! :wink:
92 GS gold (driver) worklog> http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=73405" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
93 GS red (wrecked)
:D I modify my ride so I can drive around the stupid people :D
Chartin81

Post by Chartin81 »

SuperK wrote:Chartin, the probe, 626 and mx6 transmission works with almost no modification.
The only thing you will be changing will be rearranging the big studs to line up with the mx-3 transmission mount.
the 98+ 626 transmissions some say are built a little better.

Unless you'd like an mx-3 transmission. I have a spare GS trans, but might be a little too far for you to travel.
I'm more or less looking for other options because i dot have one close to me at the moment. Depending on the price we may be able to work something out weather it's going up there or I can pay for shipping. Thanks
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

I am not in a position to ship it until probably march.
But it will probably cost you around 100 in gas for a round trip which isn't too bad. I think 300 shipped is a very good price so I would say 200 picked up.

Its possible to make it a day trip, otherwise you are welcome to the guest room if you need to crash.
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
Chartin81

Post by Chartin81 »

SuperK wrote:I am not in a position to ship it until probably march.
But it will probably cost you around 100 in gas for a round trip which isn't too bad. I think 300 shipped is a very good price so I would say 200 picked up.

Its possible to make it a day trip, otherwise you are welcome to the guest room if you need to crash.
I'm gonna talk to the wife but that very well be an option is the mx3 transmission better to keep in it? Thanks for the room offer may make a trip out of it lol I will get back to you after I take to her lol
Chartin81

Post by Chartin81 »

SuperK wrote:I am not in a position to ship it until probably march.

And 100 dollar round trip? I can't drive the Mazda since its broke and that's the only way to get a 100 dollar gas bill lol got to drive the 20 mpg suv which is more like a 175 gas bill lol
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

You are right on the SUV costs. Still not a terrible price, just a good bit of driving!
If you need anything else make a shopping list. I have an mx3 boneyard and can part out just about anything you ever need and sell it to ya real cheap!
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
Chartin81

Post by Chartin81 »

This is one of those crazy parts but do you have a driver side power window unit lol those are rare lol want a new gs bumper a sunroof assembly but those are all hard to find things may try to make a weekend getaway out of it lol
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

Bumper? Got it. Window switch? Yup. Sunroof assembly? Sitting here just ready to be bolted in.

If you do come down...
Send me some pictures of your mx3 inside and out and I can see what I can set aside that I will otherwise throw away, you can have. I will soon be scrapping two shells.
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
Chartin81

Post by Chartin81 »

Ok sure will it's pretty rough but wanting to restore it I will get some pictures tomorrow of the inside and outside the thanks again for your help and time wife is wanting to go on a road trip so it's looking good lol
Chartin81

Post by Chartin81 »

What's your email or text probably easier to send you an email or text pictures so I don't have to upload and post links or you can just text me 2259100363 or rchartin@icloud.com thanks again

Return to “Transmissions”