[FS] Complete 92 GS with 2.5, as an upgrade donor

Do you have an MX-3 related item for sale? Post a quick note here.
stevesei

[FS] Complete 92 GS with 2.5, as an upgrade donor

Post by stevesei »

Due to a freak autocross accident, my 92 GS has front frame damage that is not economically repairable. However, the car runs and will drive anywhere within a reasonable distance of Tampa, Florida. Read down for price and negotiability!

The GOOD NEWS is that this is a complete GS with major upgrades. In addition, ALL the premium items that came new on the car are in working order.

Accessories include:
* Electric mirrors
* Electric windows
* Central door locks
* Cruise control (accurate and working)
* Rear window wiper
* Sunroof
* Center console with cupholder
* Electric shoulder belts. These are new within the last 2 years, completely replaced by Mazda under recall warranty.
* Interior is complete and in good condition, cracked dash (extra dash included.) Front and rear seats match, all vinyl is good, Cloth is good except standard equipment OEM wear hole on driver's bolster.
* Excellent black carpet, extra set of black trunk liner plastic.
* 325mm racing steering wheel setup to operate the cruise control in the standard manner. Standard wheel with cruise control is included.

Major upgrade items:
* Radiator
* New power steering pump.
* Air separator tank (custom aluminum bulletproof unit)
* Energy Suspension urethane lower control arm bushings
* 21mm rear sway bar with Energy Suspension urethane/heim joint links
* Full set of ES urethane rear LCA bushings (in boxes, not installed)
* 95 Millenia square port 2.5 engine with Milly intake manifold (no EGR), same as JDM "curved neck ZE" manifold, NEW NGK wires and plugs, recent timing belt, tensioners, water pump, newish rebuilt alternator.
* K8 17 lb. flywheel (KL is 23 lb), newish Exedy clutch, throwout bearing, clutch master and slave
* HEI conversion and MSD Blaster coil
* KL07 ECU with Stoker100 chip, KL02 VAF
* Stainless steel XSPower equal length headers
* Stainless HiPo "straight thru cat" and full 2-1/4" exhaust with Turbo muffler and polished stainless tip. This system is very free-flow, yet street quiet, but not TOO quiet.
* Re-geared transmission with excellent synchros, taller 3rd, 4th, 5th gears, 3500 RPM @ mph instead of the stock 4200 RPM. Works GREAT with the big engine!
* Short throw shifter with bronze bushings at shifter and trans, new shifter seal, rebuilt center joint with rubber bushings, assembly urethaned in place.
* 4.11 final drive and Phantom Grip limited slip. PG was professionally installed and works as advertised. 3000 miles on it and no noise or shavings (Royal Purple gear oil)
* Four 17x7 30 offset Scion wheels with almost new Federal 595 Evo 205/40-17 tires (soft compound)
* Tokico black high performance ZX2 shocks with camber adjustment bolts
* Stainless brake hoses, newish brakes and pads
* Low mileage new CV shafts and intermediate shaft, new CV seals in the differential.

I am sure I have forgotten something and will edit as I remember. This is a one stop rolling upgrade waiting for someone to do a complete modernization to their GS. The engine is dynamite, very torquey, excellent high RPM power, yet relaxed and quiet on the street and highway. The car has been modified with autocross as a priority and is now in the ballpark with most modified Miatas in my local autocross area. All but the most minor development items have been attended to.

As you can imagine, I am highly disappointed to have to sell the car as it is instead of enjoying it as it was. The car is for sale as a unit. I am asking $2500 for this fully sorted car that will provide ALL the parts to upgrade your car. Believe me; to source, buy, and install the parts on this car cost at least twice my asking price. As always, the price is negotiable depending on terms, delivery, timing, and attitude. This is a nice, fast, good handling, comfortable, DEPENDABLE car.

I can deliver the car to your location in the Southeast, or meet you midway within 5-600 miles of Tampa. I do not want to part it out due to time issues, but may change my mind if sweet talked. The drive train is a special gem; sweet talking might persuade me to part with it as a complete unit, with ignition and ECU. Give me a call!

Pictures:

The car before the mishap, on OEM rims

Curent picture, showing damage, 17" wheels and tires. Hood survived the crash!

Interior, showing OEM seat ventilation hole in bolster. Note black vents. Improved the appearance a bunch!

Rear, with spoiler

Front LCAs with urethane bushings. Also see my post about installing these. There are more pictures.

Engine and HEI, newish battery, filter, HEI. The aluminum air separator tank is just visible.
Steve Seiter
Blue '92 GS, Milly square-port DE with stainless headers, Stoker100 chip, HEI/Blaster conversion,
2.25" exhaust, High flow cat, ZX-2 shocks, short shifter, urethane front bushings, 17x7s with 595 Evos
MazdaMan1991
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: [FS] Complete 92 GS with 2.5, as an upgrade donor

Post by MazdaMan1991 »

bump! :D
My Mazdas
2008 Mazda 3 FS auto - Totaled
1994 Mazda 626 KL 5 spd - sold
2002 Mazda Millenia S - sold
1994 Mazda MX-3 RS 5 spd - bp swapped
My Worklog/Build Thread
My YouTube Page