license plate location

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

license plate location

Post by mitmaks »

I want to see how you guys positioned your front license plate. I think it ruins looks of the front end but I have to have one mounted on front bumper as I was pulled over but no ticket. I want to put it in a corner of bumper cover.
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
RobMinhas

Re: license plate location

Post by RobMinhas »

I found ehen I mounted it to the corner it looked silly if you positioned it.to avoid going overtop of the indicators. It looks kind of cool over the indicators though, but that's probably a ticket there.

I've got dog lights too I don't want covered up so right in the middle for me :/
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

yeah i like them to the side on stock bumpers right under the indicator on all that area that has no use then "shave" the original holes. I kinda centered mine between the bottom grill and the top grill in the center because i have the MS bumper it would look insane on the side
View my worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77688
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

On the RX8 I just went to the hardware store and bought a 1/8" thick sheet of aluminum and and made my own bracket. It mounted to the base of the bumper and I positioned it and bent it to have the plate at my desired angle. Worked great, I had several people ask me where I had bought it...
fillpereira
antispam: No

Post by fillpereira »

zip ties lol

Last edited by fillpereira on August 22nd, 2013, 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
youdirtyfox
antispam: No

Post by youdirtyfox »

i made a simple L bracket bolted off the tow eye. with a cut down 12x6 import size plate it does not foul indicators. i dont have fogs though.

Return to “Appearance”