aem fic/maf clamp

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
nobodyhere671

aem fic/maf clamp

Post by nobodyhere671 »

i've been out of this game for a while but recently decided to fix the mx3 after two years of sitting with a turbo oil issue. got a new gt35r, bought a wideband and am waiting for an aem fic. i read about clamping the maf and am curious to see how many people have had success with this setup. the stock air flow sensor seems to be a big restriction. i have a bpt gtx motor, utilizing a b6 sohc harness modified to work with a bp55 ecu. found info on here about the fic but i couldn't find any topics concerning clamping the maf? any hints, tips?
RS_OBD'oh_2

Re: aem fic/maf clamp

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

it should be on AEM's site. Go to their forums. I don't believe this is done with out the addtion of a MAP sensor installation IIRC. Or at least it is often a benifit to use the clamp feature and remove the VAF all together and add a MAP. Have not seen it done, nor have I tried it myself. Pending on the ECU, I don't believe you will have any issues until you hit a full bar of boost. - if at all

Return to “Forced Induction”