Water inside

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
Oke
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Water inside

Post by Oke »

Hy,
I have a problem with my mx-3, when it rains in the back of the driver seat, there is a lot of water :( . I dont have rust under the car in the area. I saw this problem after i greased the sunroof, with heat resistant grease and W40, because i want'it to work smoth. But i dont know if this is the problem or maybe is just a coincidence.
The sunroof has some draining sistem that i clogged, if yes can you tell me whear is it, and how to unclogged the sistem please.
Thanks for the help and i apologize if the english is bad.
MX3 1.8 v6 GS '93
Sleeper6

Re: Water inside

Post by Sleeper6 »

http://mx-3.com/manuals/showimg.php?fil ... _S-052.gif

if you went to heavy on the grease you may have clogged the drain ports, one on each corner, drop the headliner and flush them out
92 GS gold (driver) worklog> http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=73405" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
93 GS red (wrecked)
:D I modify my ride so I can drive around the stupid people :D
Oke

Post by Oke »

Thanks for the help, i tried to locate them but i did not fiind them, i will trie again to fiind them. Do you know how to flush them, what kiind of liquid to use or maybe another thing.
Thanks again :)
MX3 1.8 v6 GS '93
MazdaMech

Post by MazdaMech »

Does anyone have any repair procedures for this? I searched the internet and found vague descriptions of what to do. I searched the forums too and only found this. Maybe I am searching wrong. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Own:
2012 Chevrolet Camaro LS
2006 Chevrolet Uplander LS
1999 Ford F-250 XLT LD
1992 Mazda MX-3 GS (Rescue from a poor handler) *In work*(Body, interior, (future - KL swap))
1987 Dodge Dakota LE
1983 Honda CX-650C +parts bike
Looking at:
TRYING TO FIND A MX-3 Daily! No Luck:-(
Redline322

Post by Redline322 »

If you have a source for compressed air, just give it a few blasts down the drain tubes, that should clear it.
93 323 Bp'd, Front and rear strut braces, Mx-3 seats, JDM headlights and grill SOLD
93 Mx-3 GS Curved-Neck KLZE, 5 speed Conversion, Fidanza Flywheel, Cross Drilled Rotors
MazdaMech

Post by MazdaMech »

Maybe I have to much gunk or something on the top and I can't see the drainhole. I took the deflector off to get a better look and didn't see it. I also have a little standing water in it too, so maybe thats the reason. Btw, anyone have a suggestion for a grease that works good, I have a few tubs of different multi-purpose grease.

I believe my problem is stemming off excessive sand mixing with the grease and clogging it up. (This is a project car that has been sitting in my backyard, and my bakyard is really sandy, and these people that stayed with us (wifes family)had a stoopid dog that liked to climb on top of it to look around)
Own:
2012 Chevrolet Camaro LS
2006 Chevrolet Uplander LS
1999 Ford F-250 XLT LD
1992 Mazda MX-3 GS (Rescue from a poor handler) *In work*(Body, interior, (future - KL swap))
1987 Dodge Dakota LE
1983 Honda CX-650C +parts bike
Looking at:
TRYING TO FIND A MX-3 Daily! No Luck:-(
Surgeonasst222

Post by Surgeonasst222 »

I would have shot that dog... Just saying...
Mazda3 2012 - my NEW DD :mrgreen:
Mazda MX-3 RS 1992 - my project
Ford Focus SE 2010 - sold
Ford Focus SE 2003 - sold

Mazda MX-3 RS 1994 - sold :(

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”