DIY Smoked (tail, bumper, side) lights?

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
RobMinhas
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: DIY Smoked (tail, bumper, side) lights?

Post by RobMinhas »

aPROxSLASHER wrote:Just gonna emphasize checking with your local law enforcement before painting your taillights! I live in the Fraser Valley and called my local cop shop. Found out that this modification is illegal in British Columbia
Yet it's perfectly legal to drive with no hatch in BC.

Silly BC with their silly rules.
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

4 year old thread...just sayin'...
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

I saw that, but we can't really blame Proslasher, he was searching and he had something to add to the thread, considerin gthat theres like four unique threads bumped a day it's no biggie that an old thread was bumped.
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

RobMinhas wrote:I saw that, but we can't really blame Proslasher, he was searching and he had something to add to the thread, considerin gthat theres like four unique threads bumped a day it's no biggie that an old thread was bumped.

i know right, im just thankful for activity period on this forum. I really hate when i go to other forums as a new guy and get tared and feathered for commenting on a thread that happened before i was a member or not using the search function if I create a new thread with n old question. Its a lose lose situation lol.

Im sure smoked tails are illegal almost everywhere. I had smoked tails and smoked headlight covers my MX6 in germany for 7 years and never heard anything of it.

I see people with smoked everything here in the states as well and they seem to get away with it.

Im sure even in canada if its not too extreme you would be able to get away with having smoked tails although its not legal
View my worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77688
aPROxSLASHER

Post by aPROxSLASHER »

RobMinhas wrote:
aPROxSLASHER wrote:Just gonna emphasize checking with your local law enforcement before painting your taillights! I live in the Fraser Valley and called my local cop shop. Found out that this modification is illegal in British Columbia
Yet it's perfectly legal to drive with no hatch in BC.

Silly BC with their silly rules.
No hatch? lol I was talking about custom tinting the taillights, not removing the hatch lol I'm officially confused haha but Ya I talked to a traffic officer of the Abbotsford Police Department and he has given numerous people who spray painted their tails tickets. I personally don't see the issue if you don't go too crazy and make it opaque but he said something about lights being manufactured to let a specific amount of light pass through the lens. Either way I guess I'm stuck buying Euro lights aha I was hoping to avoid that cost...But I'm sure some people have managed to do this or similar mods and get away with it, either because it is legal where they live or the cops were unobservant, but I would personally rather not be shocked by some flashing lights in my rear view and an unexpected bill, just thought I'd suggest checking your local legality first.

And as far as reviving an old post, I'm sure some people may still be interested in this topic lol and just saying :)
Silkwyrm

Post by Silkwyrm »

Someone on here tinted the amber part of our tails red, so the whole tail light just looked red. I thought that looked cool, but got me thinking about getting a set of chrome Altezza tails and tinting those red. It may have a cooler more modern look and police wont bug you. Has anyone tried this?
mx3_ryder
antispam: No

Post by mx3_ryder »

I believe Mooneggs has.

Return to “Appearance”