Marc's S2- Autozam AZ-3 B5ZE -BOOOOOSSST videooooooo

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
Surgeonasst222
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: Marc's Sooty 2.0 - Autozam AZ-3 B5ZE -New windscreen&5st

Post by Surgeonasst222 »

WhiteFinish wrote:Forgot you had it !!!! :freak: :freak:

Definitly add's good bling ! But if you forgot.. did you also forget you promised to sell it to me :mrgreen:

Ooo burn!!!

Btw can I buy you a plane ticket and lots of beer and have you do my body work ;)

Looks great!!! Keep it up!
Mazda3 2012 - my NEW DD :mrgreen:
Mazda MX-3 RS 1992 - my project
Ford Focus SE 2010 - sold
Ford Focus SE 2003 - sold

Mazda MX-3 RS 1994 - sold :(
marcdh

Post by marcdh »

Lol I strangely don't remember that promise!

Thanks, I shall keep it up!

Suffering from the cold today, so haven't been doing anything major. Installed MS strutbrace, refitted interior trims, eunos SS sill plates and then took some photos :arrow:

AZ-3 1498cc Turbo! EVO 8 turbo and manifold, 5 stud swap, SSR Type C, DIYPNP seq Megasquirt
Mx-3 2.5 V6 Turbo 291 BHP 251 lbft @ 8psi - Retired due to rust and back at uni
View Worklog
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

:lol: :lol: this is the fastest progressing worklog of all time
View my worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77688
marcdh

Post by marcdh »

Lol thanks :-D helps when you have a pile of sweet parts to put on from your last car :-)

The car passed MOT :-) now to register it.

Today's work-

Decat is complete. Not overly attractive but a decent result for being made in between snow flurries :-) 2.5" stainless.
AZ-3 1498cc Turbo! EVO 8 turbo and manifold, 5 stud swap, SSR Type C, DIYPNP seq Megasquirt
View Worklog
marcdh

Post by marcdh »

This project has been planned as an eco-boost project if that's not a contradiction in terms! Basing it on a civic 1.5 eco project I read about hitting as high as 65MPG, though they have the lean burn advantage.

ANYWAY.... hardware:
Evo 8 turbo £60 with only 20k on it!
Evo manifold £80
Evo downpipe elbow £to be bought
B6 flange £18
Megasquirt DIYPNP $500

MANIFOLD TIME!
Evo 8 manifold compared to B6/B5 flange:

Not quite a match, going to require some chopping!

The scary bit, just destroyed an evo manifold:

I then made slices on the inner 2 runners and bent them in. I had to cut the two outer and remove 1cm of length each side.

Tacked mock up:

Almost done now, I'll maybe finish going round the welds tomorrow.

So that's how you make an Evo manifold fit an mx-3
:D :D :D
View Worklog
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

Good stuff, you pretty much picked the best possible turbo for your application, those EVO turbos are great.
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
marcdh

Post by marcdh »

Thanks Rob, yea for the price cannot complain! I'm expecting lag, lag then boom.
View Worklog
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

I was a little choked you chopped up the pretty manifold but it went to good use and you didn't do a s--- job so that's a real good plus.

Lag shouldn't be too too bad, RSobdd'oh has the same turbo on his 1.6L b6 and his lag isn't horrible, guys run that on teh 1.8L BP with little lag as well.
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

That's very nice work Marc. Excellent ingenuity.

btw did you get my pm a while ago?
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
marcdh

Post by marcdh »

RobMinhas wrote:I was a little choked you chopped up the pretty manifold but it went to good use and you didn't do a s--- job so that's a real good plus.
Lag shouldn't be too too bad, RSobdd'oh has the same turbo on his 1.6L b6 and his lag isn't horrible, guys run that on teh 1.8L BP with little lag as well.
Nice one. It'll be interesting to see how the b5ze does with a little boost.

Thanks Charlie, I can't take all the credit, I read about someone using an evo manifold for a BP on club protege :) Just replied at last to your PM, apologies!
View Worklog
marcdh

Post by marcdh »

MANIFOLD COMPLETE!

Now B5/6 shape :)

I was slightly tempted to sit and port and polish but I just can't be bothered spending hours on a 2bhp gain or whatever. I just worked the obstructive areas were pipe was in the port. It's all either smooth now or oversized exhaust pipe.

I've been battling with a megasquirt problem in between making the manifold. Having bother getting the cam signal conditioned for the MS to understand, until I do can't progress the MS with no RPM.
View Worklog
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

Well done, if I decide to go with a 16G i'll probably do this. Looking real sharp.
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

Very very nicely done! Great work Marc, just superb I love it.

If / when you have to rebuild, later on down the road. If you do not go with a BP, the B6DE head has larger exhaust ports than the B5's do. From what I recall it is about 1/4" bigger in width. It made a considerable difference when I used the 323 GTX turbo stuff. About 25WHP or so. You are doing everything right on this car, I am happy to see a I4 build that is taking shape this quickly.
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

Josh wrote:Very very nicely done! Great work Marc, just superb I love it.

If / when you have to rebuild, later on down the road. If you do not go with a BP, the B6DE head has larger exhaust ports than the B5's do. From what I recall it is about 1/4" bigger in width. It made a considerable difference when I used the 323 GTX turbo stuff. About 25WHP or so. You are doing everything right on this car, I am happy to see a I4 build that is taking shape this quickly.
Can the B6 head mate to the B5 block, Josh?

Because if so, that'd be a nice mod to do Marc, make a bit more power and give you access to a bit more aftermarket support then when with the b5.
marcdh

Post by marcdh »

Thanks Josh!

So other than comp ratio why does the b5 make more power?

Also can you guys recommend where to get oil feed and coolant? Is the port by the disty oil or coolant?
View Worklog

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”