Project O-Ren - Now road worthy!

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: Becca's MX-3 - WHAT GIVES???

Post by Mooneggs »

Beccabob593 wrote:Thanks for all your help guys, and I apologize for being an a-- when everyone kept suggesting wheel bearings.
It's no problem, we knew you would figure it out eventually :) We're here just trying to support and hopefully save you some time (and money)! As a general rule always start with the basics and work your way up from there. :welder:
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

:lol: :lol: :lol: The end.........or is it
View my worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77688
MrMazda92
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by MrMazda92 »

Don't jinx them, dammit hahaha
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
Beccabob593

Post by Beccabob593 »

kulluminati777 wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: The end.........or is it
Lol I can't help but look at the MX in my driveway and think the exact same thing. :lol: :lol:
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

Beccabob593 wrote:Well, we reinstalled the spindle tonight and everything is great. Finally.

The wheel bearing was indeed the problem, but the ball bearings themselves were not the issue; the outer races had developed impressions of the bearings in them, causing a very bumpy ride for the ball bearings.
For the record, this is called "Brinnelling". It happens when the bearings hit the race hard enough to exceed the surface strength of the race. It also happens a lot on bearings that don't rotate through a large enough angle (like the steering head bearings on motorcycles) so the bearings are always riding back and forth on the same spot.

My reference to hubs and bearings was to say that I've done my bearings a few times now and each time I tried to reuse the hubs the fit was not as tight as it should have been and the bearings get loose again quickly. When I use new hubs, they go together perfectly and last.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Beccabob593

Re: Project O-Ren - Now road worthy!

Post by Beccabob593 »

Hey guys, Becca's fiancee here. Just thought I'd post an update. The MX is still running fantastic, no probs whatsoever. Bought Becca a JVC CD player for it for Xmas and the two of us got it installed. We were in Meridian today for my birthday and to do a little shopping, so I took a few pics to share:

Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

glad to see it out and about! MX-3's are much more fun when you can drive them :freak: :lol:
sinix3

Post by sinix3 »

looks good. remindes me of my mx3 before i swapped my headlights and tail lights. good potential there. nice car :)
92 mx3 gs klze swap.
"nitrous is like a hot chick with an std you know you want to hit it but your afraid of the consequences"

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”