scrapped mx value?

Do you have an MX-3 related item for sale? Post a quick note here.
Buckminster

scrapped mx value?

Post by Buckminster »

My small town scrapyard just brought in a 93 mx3 v6 w/95k on it. It was stolen and dumped in the bush so it has cosmetic damage and the steering column and ignition are a mess.
What is this car worth? What is fair to offer? I have a 93 rs that would be the perfect donor car. I haven't seen the undercarriage yet though. :pimp:
MX-3 SE project car.
RoundTop

Re: scrapped mx value?

Post by RoundTop »

It may only have 95k on it, but if it was stolen at some point, then the engine may have been totalled, or the tranny, etc
Blindmelon

Post by Blindmelon »

Personally, even if my own car that I love were stolen, I'm not sure I'd want it back afterwards. You never know what's been done to it or how hard it's been driven or anything. That's just my take on it.
Second place is the first loser.
Buckminster

Post by Buckminster »

Fair comments. Thanks. Still...I think there must be a maximum value and a minimum and factors that address that problem. It runs well but I will have to try to drive it and put it on a hoist. It doesn't look too bad, the one concern is that the passenger front rim is ruined from a hard hit. The strut and control arms seem straight but, like you say, who knows? Temptation always means trouble.
But it usually means a great freakin time too!
MX-3 SE project car.
rayrrod

Post by rayrrod »

if u gave me 100 bucks, delivered to my place i might take it. how much warranty wud u give with it?
endocyc

Post by endocyc »

First of all ita a v6 so you can beat the crap outa that engine, wouldnt make a diff to me if it was driven by some one who didnt own it. (stollen)
Id give it a maximum price of $1000 depending on all damages. Doesnt mean Id pay that.
Buckminster

Post by Buckminster »

Needs a front bumper, mirrors, a 15" rim, a steering/ignition cover, ignition, windshield, drivers door and fender, and shift linkage bushings. Has 4 225 60 r 15 with wicked treads. The transmission has probably suffered the most.
Is v6 trans the same as 4cyl trans?
It runs and drives ok. Sounds very nice. swapping all the gear onto my car would take too much time. Swapping my parts onto it would depend on the car being straight and sound. If it was just the cosmetic damage and the ignition problem it should be worth haggling about.
Thanks for the input.
Lifetime all inclusive guarantee! :shrug:
MX-3 SE project car.

Return to “MX-3 Related Items For Sale/Trade”